thescotlish

Safe zones/merchants/trading/money

So basically my idea is That there should be safe zone/zones somewhere on the map where guns dont do damage/fire its like a place where other survivors can meet up and chat or group.

Another idea i had was that there should be some safer trading system like the wow trading system that players could drag in a gun or even just some sweet sweet beans.

The next two go hand in hand with the last money and merchants every zombie should drop a small amount of money Like the smallest amount possible. and now lastly merchants this is where you spend your hard earned money.Merchants randomly appear in safe zones random types like a farmer selling Double barrels and lees a shop keeper that sells food and water and a very rare army solider that has aks,m16s,grenades. all of the stuff they have is random all of the spawns are random and every gun would cost alot!

I just had the idea when i was in a game with side chat i missed people :(

FEEDBACK PLEASE post-76415-0-50366300-1343700288_thumb.j

Nop

• Like 1

Rocket have talked about all those ideas and he's view as I understand it is that he want the community to build the safe zones and currency systems rather than scripted game mechanics. As for trading with other people I think it should be a very scary thing, not just some stupid trade window >.<. How ever I could agree that giving an item to someone could be made easier maybe some mechanic where you can place an item in your hand and offer it to the other player to loot (like looting the backpack but instead loot the hand :) . Yeah I'm not sure how it should be done but I really think safe zones and safe trading system is the wrong thing for this game.

• Like 1

So basically my idea is That there should be safe zone/zones somewhere on the map where guns dont do damage/fire its like a place where other survivors can meet up and chat or group.

Another idea i had was that there should be some safer trading system like the wow trading system that players could drag in a gun or even just some sweet sweet beans.

The next two go hand in hand with the last money and merchants every zombie should drop a small amount of money Like the smallest amount possible. and now lastly merchants this is where you spend your hard earned money.Merchants randomly appear in safe zones random types like a farmer selling Double barrels and lees a shop keeper that sells food and water and a very rare army solider that has aks,m16s,grenades. all of the stuff they have is random all of the spawns are random and every gun would cost alot!

I just had the idea when i was in a game with side chat i missed people :(

FEEDBACK PLEASE post-76415-0-50366300-1343700288_thumb.j

Check out the conversation about it http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52509-hall-rocket-deans-answers-on-suggestions/

Rocket did talk about this subject, as briefly as it was

Edited by hishnik

i like the idea of player-built safe zones. perhaps the trade window should be similar to (hater, hear me out) Runescape. you both put in the items and can see what the other is offering, then you both click accept. if you click accept and either offer changes, you have to reclick Accept (to prevent scams). it then comes up with a confirmation and lists the offers, review the lists and click accept if it's correct.

i like the idea of player-built safe zones. perhaps the trade window should be similar to (hater, hear me out) Runescape. you both put in the items and can see what the other is offering, then you both click accept. if you click accept and either offer changes, you have to reclick Accept (to prevent scams). it then comes up with a confirmation and lists the offers, review the lists and click accept if it's correct.

Which is exactly what OP hinted at when saying WoW like trading windows, I think this would ruin some part of the game you SHOULD be able to "scam" someone in this game. I mean you could just shoot him anyway right? So scamming someone would already be very very dangerous and something that you should be applauded by if you successfully managed to do it :). I think a remake of the entire loot system is needed though as the current system causes a lot of problems dealing with loot. That way it could be more convenient to trade with people but still a very dangerous and interesting event (skip the trade window).

Edited by Grodenn