Delta Smoke 01

Got gear and bored ? Read this.

Ok guys iv played DayZ since its beginning. Im not in a clan, i run with a small 3/4 man squad. Here is my guide to the game and what I think is what you should all be doing. This is btw in response to all the "got gear and theres nothing else to do" threads. These are our 3 steps to never getting bored of this mod. Believe me the same shit will not happen twice, it will not ever get boring :)

1) Ok so to begin with i want to outline the fact that THIS IS A PVP GAME. So...when i spawn at a coastal town, (whichever, i know them all well) i grab whatever gear i can. I dont kill unarmed players. If i run into an armed player i stalk and kill them to gain the gear that i dont have. (I believe cherno and elektro to be the "beginners" grounds for pvp, so if your still a noob, you should stay here to hone your pvp skills). Once i have atleast an enfield, a pistol and some supplies, i head north.

2) I travel as far as stary sobor. (this i believe to be the "medium" grounds for pvp, i am wary of snipers here) This is the point where most people are moaning that thats it, game is done. Couldnt be more wrong. This is where the game really kicks off. Just to clarify if we see a weak geared player, we will often let them loot the camp (as bait hahaha :P) while we sit in wait for the more elite players to come along. If they find a sweet weapon we will likely kill them. 2 of us provide overwatch as the others loot the military camp. If a threat (elite player) is discovered we neutralize that threat, thus potentially gaining even more useful gear. We fight and loot here until we are happy with our loadouts and atleast one of us has a sniper of sorts. YES we do die but thats all in the fun of DayZ. You make a mistake and learn from it. We wait for any casualties to make it back to stary and with one last check on the local deer stands, (for players, not loot) We head to the NW airfield for the grand finali.

3) (The NW airfield i believe to be the "Hard" and most challenging pvp area in the mod. This attracts the big game killers) Before we arrive we make peace with the fact that this may end in our untimely demise. We first split in to two groups. We position ourselves around 100/500 meters away from each barracks, depending on the weapon we have equipped. We make sure at least one of us can clearly see into the barrack windows (incase of server hopping fools). We ambush ANYONE here. No holds barred action. One of us always has a wheel in his inverntory. In case we stop a vehicle with a wheel shot, we can fix it and evac in some unlucky clans truck ! More often than not, this plan ends in death for all of us, but man is it a rush !! If no clan comes with vehicles when its getting late, wel log there and perhaps pick a more populated server the next time we play. Death or Glory at the NWAF is our motto :)

BTW all the way from when we leave the coast, we are constantly keeping an eye out for crashed heli's. Finding one or two of these means we can skip step 2.

I know some people do not like bandit acts, but we are among the few TRUE bandits. We ONLY target elite players and those that pose a threat. You will NEVER see any of us in cherno with an as50. That shit is for pussy wannabe bandits. So........If your one of these wannabe's, Follow this guide and become a true bandit, IF your up to the task.

If you die, hey you get to start over !! endless playability !!

Edited by Delta Smoke 01
  • Like 8

still, why going to the nw airfield if u already have anything u want? killing people isnt that good working in this game due to lags or so.

In this game u often have to risk so much for barely nothing

• Like 1

still, why going to the nw airfield if u already have anything u want? killing people isnt that good working in this game due to lags or so.

In this game u often have to risk so much for barely nothing

We never have everything we want mate. We dont have camps as this destroys part the way we play (duping sucks atm). At the point we leave stary we have what i would call "mediocre" gear. I.E an m24 or m4a3 cco or similar weapon each. The good shit like rangefinders, gps, as50 and L85 aws are often carried by clan members raiding the NWAF. We like to take risk in this game. With risk comes reward ! or a bullet in the scull lol :P

Edited by Delta Smoke 01

Good to hear of bandits not camping the hills of the coastal city's with high end sniper rifles picking off beginners. Even though I'm a big care bear and a ask questions first shoot later type of guy, you have my beans because you're a bandit. Not a murderer.

• Like 2

You have really good points and tips for what to do in the game. I haven't tried all of that in game. Atm I'm a murderer-bandit. We have a group and when we spawn, we like to rule Cherno for a bit and get good gear and then head to north. I have played as a friendly player for so long and being bandit has been a lot of fun. Before I became a bandit/murderer, my last kill was when the game was in 1.5.8.4 and I have played a few days every week.

Your post has now made me think that maybe next I should become a friendly bandit that helps the weak and kills only for the gear. I'll leave Cherno for a bit and head to north with a hope to find some bandits and teach them a lesson. :)

Cool bro, this is about what everyone does and the game still gets boring.

Cool bro, this is about what everyone does and the game still gets boring.

This is what people that know what the games all about do. Which sadly atm is the minority.

This is the kind of banditry that I respect. Hate that hiding in a random bush, killing players when you know they don't have anything you want/need just for +1 murder crap.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1

This kind of banditry I can somehow stomach. Atleast you are mostly targeting equipped players, not hunting unarmed fresh spawns along the coast while loling or playing some derp music via direct com chat.

Anyway its good to do some risky stuff in order to eliminate boredom.

Its up to you if you chose to help (very risky) or to kill equipped players (a bit less risky since you expect a fight).

I've helped several people, giving the morphine when I found them crawling near cherno/elektro, I gave them food if I had plenty or gave them blood if they needed. This happened only down south and mostly with players with no weapons (or axe) as up north folks will shoot like hell when they see me (even If I dont see em).

If there is some wisdom in my post it might be that if you want to help, then stick mostly to beach regions since more north you go, then more armed people you will meet and these folks usually shoot on sight.