Sign in to follow this  
mrnull

why forced use of beta patches?

i dont get why all the dayZ servers are useing the beta patchs for arma2

the 2 days i got play dayZ on the offical 1.62 patch i didnt have any graphic artifacts, or loading issues

it seems like the beta patches for arma2 introduce more bugs and troubles then anything else

and since there can be a new one release every few days it must make it pretty hard to pinpoint certian bugs in the mod

why not stick with developing this mod under the 1.62 stable patch?

atleast then the bugs would be easyer to pinpoint and servers/clients wouldnt be fored to jump bewteen different servers depending on what beta patch they are running, would also remove the chance of it being a arma2beta bug being reported for this mod and allow us to find the bugs in this mod

if your game is in 1.62, it mean that the server run with the same beta patch that you use.

If the server run in 1.62.95312 (exemple) and you have the 1.62.95417, you will have the beta running of the server. If you got the next beta patch, you can join server with beta under that you have. But if its more, you cant

Its mean that your beta patch is always update. Six luncher update beta patch too and other thing

Edited by bombe

Any bugs are encountered are DayZ bugs, not beta patch bugs. The answer to your question "why use forced beta patches", is that the latest versions of dayz have been optimized for the beta patches, and the beta for dayz.

The beta patch has things that aren't yet in the current Arrowhead release that dayZ is using.

i get the whole version and all that, my point of the post was why not stick with 1.62 stalbe patch that was release, some bugs that get reported could be because of the beta patches that came out after 1.62, from my understanding 1.62 was a stable version of the pervious beta patches that came out all rolled into one patch, so it would already have the tech that dayZ need in order to work as intended, beta's are known to have bugs, beta patches, beta drivers, etc, i know this is an alpha mod, so its still in very early stages of being developed, but developings under and stable version of 1.62, insted of contantly changing beta patches makes more sense if u ask me, gives them a rock solid foundatin to build apon, and would help pinpoint bugs a lot quicker and easyer

i get the whole version and all that, my point of the post was why not stick with 1.62 stalbe patch that was release, some bugs that get reported could be because of the beta patches that came out after 1.62, from my understanding 1.62 was a stable version of the pervious beta patches that came out all rolled into one patch, so it would already have the tech that dayZ need in order to work as intended, beta's are known to have bugs, beta patches, beta drivers, etc, i know this is an alpha mod, so its still in very early stages of being developed, but developings under and stable version of 1.62, insted of contantly changing beta patches makes more sense if u ask me, gives them a rock solid foundatin to build apon, and would help pinpoint bugs a lot quicker and easyer

I don't see where the problem is if they find an engine bug they push it back to BIS and just ignore it.

Mr Null.

BI are supporting Dayz development by adding features and code functions that Rocket needs for Dayz. These are contained in Beta patches. Instead of complaining you should be pleased that BI are adding features to ARMA II specifically for us and helping to fix some of the problems that Dayz has.