Vescend

Your saddest moment in Dayz

Can you stop posting on these forums please?

Why? cause I tell it like it is? we even have some server owners admitting to it now in the forums even ;)

Me and a buddy found a uaz. Got gas for it... tires, scrap metal, fuel tank. We started repairing the vehicle... I got disconnected. Could have ot reconnect due to a bad game file, so I verified my install, and reinstalled the beta. In the meantime my friend drove the vehicle away to hide it in the woods. After getting my game running I was unable to connect to this server. The next day my friend was unable to connect as well. The server has since been removed from the server list. I never even got to ride in the jeep :-(

Why? cause I tell it like it is? we even have some server owners admitting to it now in the forums even ;)

No because your posts are a waste of space. You've quit the game, so leave.

I'm armed with two frags, a map, compass, night-vision goggles, a 1911, mags for it. I was a new player and had been lucky enough to find these treasures on a dead man in a field. A day later, I spot a helicopter flying above me as I'm shooting zeds. I throw one grenade at the heli that is flying in air, dangerously close to the ground. First grenade is an overshot, as it explodes far above. My second shot is like a fast-ball, and it manages to actually work. I'm screaming on my teamspeak server "HOLY SHIT, CAN'T BELIEVE THAT FUCKING WORKED". Then, out of nowhere, some zombie runs up behind and begins hitting me. I was looking in my inventory at the moment so he managed to get three hits. Third one makes my blood drop to a point where I pass out. The zombie feeds on me til' a random player shoots him. The guy looks at me, he then steals all of my shit and goes for the helicopter. I then get back up (fortunately, my leg was still okay), and start sprinting toward him. I can't go fast enough to get in the passenger of the helicopter, so he flys away. I then die by blood loss.

I would have said accidentally losing my AS50 because I clicked the wrong thing until last night.

Battled another group for 8 hours last night over control of the island/heli and even managed to get it repaired whilst holding the area (but needed fuel) until eventually they all managed to get on the island. Then it was just us all taking turns dying and running back and swimming over. In the end I had no weapons and had to sneak onto the heli's gun and wait for them to pass by looking for us, got a couple that way and even one with an axe. It got to 1am and everyone was logging off and then my net died. Got back in when I woke up in the morning and the heli was gone.

At least I have the m24 and M9SD I grabbed off the dude I killed with the heli though, lost my NVGs on first death but. So much fun though.

Edited by Drakezilla

When I had just began the game all stary eyed and Idealistic, I saw a player running through a town chased by about 20 zombies. I fought them off for him with my new winchester. Once they were dead I asked if he needed any help over direct and he turned, and shot me in the face.

Found some random guy NW of elektro, and gave him a spare gun I had on me. I asked him if he wanted to go to cherno for supplies and we ran off together. We made it to the lonely house east of Prigorodky when 2 others shot at us from the trees. We ran for the wall but he gets shot, losses his legs, and cries out for me to help him. He gets shot in the head while I'm safe and scared behind a wall which i eventually run towards the coast from. I felt bad for 3 days after feeling like I could have done something. I still think about it at least once a week even after a few months of it happening

I was ounce moving around at night in the wilderness without nvgs or other light source. I was at roughly 9.5-10k health at that point and looking for an animal to kill for some meat. I made a stupid mistake and accidentally aggroed a zed near a deer stand. I got out my m9sd and started shooting it but for some reason there were a lot of zeds that I had aggroed and I got knocked unconscious at about 9k health and died. I lost a m9sd, a dmr, a gps, and all other loot except for nvgs. All because of a stupid mistake I made while moving in the wilderness with low light.

My saddest moment was probably when I was forced to run right past a bike while being chased by zombies fairly early in my current life, which has been pretty eventful. I think someone might have been shooting at me as well. Or the zombies, I'm not sure.

Anyway, it was too dangerous so I had to run past the bike and ended up running too far to be able to find my way back/remember where it was. I have a bad sense of direction.

It really hurt to pass up that bike; I have no clue when I'll find one again. But I will someday, and then it will be glorious.

This was from a few weeks ago right when the hacking started getting really bad. I had heard about it, but never experienced anything.

I was a fresh spawn playing on a server, and trying to meet up with my friends. I was heading towards the factory when I heard gunshots going off. Since I was a new spawn, I didn't care about getting killed, so I went to investigate the shots. I saw a bandit chasing 2 survivors up a hill. Deciding to leave them alone, I started running back towards the tree line when a chopper spawned directly in front of me. I ran up to it and climbed into the driver's seat, when I heard a gunshot, then YOU ARE DEAD. Then everyone else on the server got spawned into a pile, where they massacred each other.

;(

My friend and I managed to meet up after a bit of searching, but in our search we were extremely thirsty, especially him. I had a fairly good idea of where we could find some soda for him to use so we run off towards the woods. We happen upon a zombie that he was able to shoot with his Makarov and I offered him the Coke on the zombie even though my thirst was getting pretty bad too.

After a longer trek I more or less pressure him into shooting a couple of zombies because my thirst indicator was blinking. Unfortunately he was a newbie so his shots weren't connecting as much as we'd hoped and more zombies seemed to crawl out of the woodwork. With only one zombie left, it began to maul my buddy, I managed to drag him away, take his pistol, and tried to shoot the zombie, it just wouldn't go down.

We eventually decide to just book it, with me grabbing the zombie's attention because my friend kept falling unconcious. We find the barn I was looking for, my buddy passes out at the entrance, I run in and I find a large collection of sodas. I refill my thirst and ready my hatchet. Unfortunately just as I round the corner my friend started to get feasted on by some zombies.

I had to watch him die and it was more than likely that it was my fault.

Edited by FreemanPhD

There are a LOT of sad moments for me in this game;

- Being killed when you forgot that you didn't close the game when you shrunk it to desktop.

- Being killed by a hacker

- Being killed by a glitch/bug

- Being killed when you try to make peaceful contact with an unknown survivor.

- Being killed by a falling copter

- Being killed by my own grenade

- Being killed by the well-known yeti in Green Mountain.

- Being killed by a Rocket...

- etc

Hmm, i don't have much but i have 2 stories. A while ago when i was still fairly new i was looting Stary tents and found a DMR, this being the first scoped weapon i had found at the time i got really excited. After picking it up and slinging it on my back i left the tent and was going to head for the hills when i spot a survivor with a handgun behind a tent and as i do he shoots before i can get my sights up, sad moment for me. I guess the other was more of a derp but i was at Stary on a seperate occasion and had found an M24, this time i made it to the hills and attempted inventory management (you can see where it's going) and in my tired state i thought if i dropped my M24 into my backpack it would replace it with the AR in there... was a little bummed after that.

My saddest moment happened at the Balota Airfield, I had just scanned the top floor of the ATC, found a frag and some smoke grenades, but nothing too fancy, as I'm getting ready to leave, I hear a shot go off, I drop prone and move for the stairwell, listening for bullet hits or any indication that the shots were fired at me. I hear more shots fired and they seem to be coming from the hangar. so I poke my head up above the window and see a survivor with a winchester popping zeds out front of the closest hangar. He looks like he's getting overwhelmed, so I run downstairs and sit by the corner of the hangar he's in and use my AKM (I love that rifle) to give him some breathing room, once the zeds are dead, I lean around the corner, and see him just on the other side of the wall, I aim, and over voice, ask, "You friendly? I can help you if you need it, just put your gun down." I call out to him three times, he doesn't respond, I'm about to give up and just make my way out of the airfield when suddenly he turns towards me and shoulders his gun, bad move when my AKM's on full auto aimed for your chest.

I put five rounds into him and killed him, when I went over to check his gear, I saw he had no ammo left, and didn't even have a bandage on him. I felt absolutely terrible, and still do, but this is the vicious world we live in, where you can't trust anyone, and your life rests upon those split second decisions of kill or be killed.

Being about 10 minutes from repping a chopper and then getting thrown to the Thunderdome.

Feels bad, man.

It's not really sad, but I was kinda' sad... :lol:

I shot at a heli over Electro and it flew away after almost crashing into the ocean. 2 minutes later I take two steps into a bush and instantly die. No reason what so ever, and I was in a Veteran server so there would be no name tag over me to shoot. I did not hear or see a shot hit me.