Sign in to follow this  
voltagev

beta patches not patching no cd key

I once had Dayz working. This time was months ago and i mean long before the hatchet was more than a tool. when the community of players was under 200,000 and when individual problems seemed to be only happening to the individual. Now that there are near 1,000,000 players I thought i'd try to get this going again and have fun with the zombie game that i have litteraly waited 5 years+ for.

I looked at the wiki and was surprised at how much there was to install and edit and change. When i had first gotten Dayz it was download, place in OA folder, play. Now there are a lot of things i don't understand and many different methods of instalation. I settled on the Dayzcommander since it seemed the most trouble free. i uninstalled and deleted all of my Arma 2 content, seeing as how the reason i stoped playing was because i had a problem that for weeks no one could figure out, including an admin. I then took the time to download the game through steam for what i belive to be a 4th time with a 3mb/s download speed. Most of you probibly don't realize just how little you can do when practicly your entire bandwith is taken up to download something for over 10 hours. i started the download, slept, and woke up 8 hours later with the download not finished. i bring this up because it seems every time a large update for dayz comes out i have to redownload the entier combined operations to try fixing something that no one has a solution to.

After i finished that i ran the dayz comander app and went to version. i had it update both the nonexistent dayz file and the beta patch. in both feilds it read blank before i updated. it finished the beta patch first and it asked me if i was sure i wanted to install it. this beta patch is 95417, the latest as of this posting. i click yes and it works for a few seconds. a message then appears saying nothing other than "wrong cd key". this baffles me seeing as how i bought arma2CO through steam.

I look at the instalation portion of the wiki and try to manually install the beta. i recive the same error. i had ran both games before i even downloaded dayzcommander. I really hope that someone can help with this. Dayz is a harsh realilistic look at a zombified world, something that is very hard to find in any zombie game. I enjoied it when i had it working months ago and i'm sure i will have even more fun with it being updated.

• Like 1

as a note, i can not launch OA to the title screen. it has an error come up about pixle shaders

shameles bump. i really would apreciate any help anyone could give.

Steam versions apply the cd key as it runs the game I believe, when I install updates manually it pops up no cd key but you just continue and it works fine.

so you're saying that even though it says that there is wrong cd key, it should still be installed correctly?

if that is true than my problem is not with installing a patch but something with me not being able to get to OA's title screen?

if that is the problem than what should i do? delete the dayz folder and somehow uninstal the beta patch too? than run OA and CO, and then using the dayz commander app to reinstal all of this?

edit: i also just found out that every time i try to verify the game cache it downloads 1 small file. this happens every time i check, even if i just did one.

Edited by voltagev

bump/update the beta patch was not instaled correctly, and i stil cannot run OA or CO due to some error with pixle shaders. if there is a fix for that problem i'd try it and see what happened.

U need to run steam as admin for the first launchs..........

Quit outof steam

Right click on a steam shortcut & pick run as admin

Then launch arma2 + arma2 operation arrowhead & quit out.

Now u can quit outof steam + relaunch it as a normal

Ignore the invalid file, steam keeps downloading its because of the beta patch...

• Like 1

what torndeco said to do worked. i really didn't think something as small as running as admin would fix this but i'm very happy that you guys found a fix for me. this is a lot different now than it was last time i played it and i think i'll really enjoy playing it again. hats off to all of you who helped.