Ret (DayZ)

second time I've been killed by a cheater

First off, this isnt a rage call. I've died with alot more expensive items on me and laughed at it. But when someone cheats and kills me, it bugs me.

Ok so I log in to a server at the nw airbase in a corner near the barracks, and i proceed to crouch walk up to the barracks door. the first door on the left (before going over the bench) was closed. being careful, i stay at the side of it when i open it. using the 3rd person camera, i see a guy in there. Not wanting to lose all that i have, I leave the barracks. Out the door and to the right. As I leave the door and turn right, I drop dead. Blood still said 12000, i heard a sniper shot go off to the right of me (in the room he was in). as i drop, the materials glitch out and I see the same guy, sitting there looking through the wall at my dead body... so my only question now, is wtf? lol... I think if this game gets more popular as it is already they need to drop the shitty anti cheat... That's the second time I've died to a kid cheating.

He must of shot you from the window inside the barracks or maybe there was another person outside the barracks? Those glitches are mainly associated with ARMAs physics and game engine, nothing to do with Day Z. If you died, just start from scratch, and learn from your encounter :)

There are features in place to catch people cheating, but most of the time when someone is "cheating" it is usually a misunderstanding or lag which really can't be remedied.

There are features in place to catch people cheating' date=' but most of the time when someone is "cheating" it is usually a misunderstanding or lag which really can't be remedied.

[/quote']The ACS in place in this game is horrible, also not really...

I have had instances of lag causing me to die. In all of them, the other player is not moving, and when the lag stops, we both drop and kinda say wtf... in this case, the material glitched out and i saw him looking around at my dead body. and i had never crossed the doorway where he could have shot me.

The game does have an anti cheat. Its called battle eye. Its just really bad. to the point that you dont have to find cheats that you need to pay for that can evade it.

Like I said, I dont rage when I die. I died with an m240 and 4 belt for it, nvg's, an m24 with 6 clips in my bag, and most of the gear (map binocs, compass, etc.). Its a game. I understand that so if i die i keep playing and get my shit back eventually. I only rage the game when I die to a cheater. Its not fair, and every game is the same in that sense.

I have had instances of lag causing me to die. In all of them' date=' the other player is not moving, and when the lag stops, we both drop and kinda say wtf... in this case, the material glitched out and i saw him looking around at my dead body. and i had never crossed the doorway where he could have shot me.

[/quote']

Have you considered that you opening the door was enough to alert him, and you had an unfortunately timed desync? He sees the door swing open, looks outside, caps you while you run in place, then returns to looting. Server works out its kinks and the rest is as you say.