Sign in to follow this  
danielreid

DIAF ServerHoppers.

The other night I was performing overwatch in my ghillie, with my CZ550 (courtesy of my sister), for a friend as he checked the powerstation/firehouse outside of Elektro. Two players logged in about 5 meters in front of me and immediately went prone. One pulled out binoculars and the other had a DMR. Here's brief transcript:

"Thon! IS THAT YOU?!"

"?? I'm on a ladder- "

*BANG* *retarget *BANG BANG*

"They're dead!"

/loot

"Weird. This one isn't giving me a gear indicator and has bandage options... Oh I can check his pulse!"

[pulse is strong]

*BANG*

DIAF ServerHoppers.

Edited by TolEressea
  • Like 1

Wait, did they Alt+F4 or did you genuinely killed the bastards?

Either way, I hope the bastards got what they deserved.

They died. I took their items. One of the guys on my mumble server said something like, "Wow. That was cold. You heard a pulse and you didn't even pause. Bam, that's it. You killed him!" It's possible that they were not bandits, but given where they logged in (perfect view of the firehouse), they looked like hoppers to me.

Possibly. I wouldn't jump straight to them being server hoppers. If they were looking for a friend, possibly they all realized they were in a close location and logged to the same server.

But hell, it's a free world in DayZ.

Possibly. I wouldn't jump straight to them being server hoppers. If they were looking for a friend, possibly they all realized they were in a close location and logged to the same server.

But hell, it's a free world in DayZ.

It was the look of them. They both appeared at EXACTLY the same time, went prone and immediately pulled out a set of items perfect for sniping. It was just too perfect :P I guess we'll never know. I made the judgement that it was better safe than sorry. If I attempted communication they would probably have just immediately logged out *sigh*

Yeah, I think your kills are justified based on the fact that all kills are justified

but

I wouldn't necessarily think they were server hoppers.

However I wouldn't be one to judge.. my past six kills..

Two people, both unarmed, running through balota airfield...

One guy armed with an AKS Kobra hiding in the balota tower..

Two more unarmed approaching my position in a nearby area

And finally, someone who had alt-f4'd on me previously who logged back in to a headshot.

So I'm not one to judge where one gets their kills ;] I like to loot that airfield and I don't trust anyone else to be there with me.