toomanyjerrys

UH-1H Takes A LOT of Fuel

Its a simile you prick. 10/10 for missing the point on purpose and still looking stupid.

No, you are just over-exaggerating the point and blowing it out of proportion. It really doesn't matter what you think because it was addressed by the Dev team. All you are doing is adding fuel to your rage.

But, have some Beans. They do taste good.

Edit - Server Hoppers can't loot cycle because if you spawn in a building loot doesn't spawn until you move away from the building. Any loot inside the building is there because another player went by it recently.

Cheers for looking like a misinformed fool, however.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

rare items in tents are typically the backup dupes incase they ever die

all you did was take their backup that they can dupe back in :P

i damn well hope they cant dupe it again, because a guy who gave us coordinates for some of the stuff said they were duping admins on US 714 and we raided their camp cause of that, i will have to go back and check and if it is i will try and make it so it doesnt, duping for us is something that happens on accident, i havent really gotten into the duping stuff and i really wont, we also dont use tents to store our crap in, we got our flatbed and ural hehe :) we do have 1 tent pitched though.

i damn well hope they cant dupe it again, because a guy who gave us coordinates for some of the stuff said they were duping admins on US 714 and we raided their camp cause of that, i will have to go back and check and if it is i will try and make it so it doesnt, duping for us is something that happens on accident, i havent really gotten into the duping stuff and i really wont, we also dont use tents to store our crap in, we got our flatbed and ural hehe :) we do have 1 tent pitched though.

once you have 1 ghillie you can dupe easily

admins that can reset the server can also do it with tents / vehicles

There is a HIVE monitor that can see how many times a server has restarted. Lemme see if I can find a link.

oh god, how would i be able to stop that with proof aswell? as i said it was the US714, and the guy who found the tents got banned from the server for trying to destroy the tents so he says, so far he could be trusted with the coordinates.

Edited by Zyfer

oh god, how would i be able to stop that with proof aswell? as i said it was the US714, and the guy who found the tents got banned from the server for trying to destroy the tents so he says, so far he could be trusted with the coordinates.

Yes, you can. Use this link and search for the host, then check the times it restarted. http://dayzmonitor.com/

Some servers have annual restarts every couple of hours (Around 4 - 8 depending. Mine does it every six.) so if you see any sudden spikes like constant restarts, I would use the support feature at the top of the website and report it.

There is a HIVE monitor that can see how many times a server has restarted. Lemme see if I can find a link.

Yeah, but all you need to do is put up a notice in the server title saying that you are testing or need to restart every X hours/minutes to keep it fresh or something. "TESTING SERVER: FREQUENT RESTARTS" I don't honestly think there is anything to prevent someone owning a server from taking advantage of this. "Guys, meet up at 8pm to dupe, we'll be 'testing' for about an hour."

Its a simile you prick. 10/10 for missing the point on purpose and still looking stupid.

Simile? I'd rather not argue semantics so I'll just let you figure out where you went wrong.

How would you implement a loot spawning system that can't be taken advantage of? I've never seen loot recycling as an exploit and from what I understand neither does Rocket. It's a lot of work to remove all the items for a high value building, then move far enough away from it for loot to respawn while also guarding the building and yourself from other players. It's especially risky if you're doing it to the barracks at the NW Airfield which is really the only place it's worth spending the time and effort doing it.

Unless of course you're saying that loot recycling is "unrealistic" so I guess the fix is making it so that items only ever spawn on the day the server goes up and never again. I guess it might be a little less fun for those joining the party late but it seems to be the game you want. Better tell Rocket to get on it.

the server reset is easy as put gear into tent, save tent, take gear out, reset server. then the gear is on you and since the tent was last saved with the loot in it; it spawns back in with it.

everybody and their mother has the common sense to figure this out. also destroyed tents respawn on reset (atleast ours did)

Edited by Buffjesus

Yeah, but all you need to do is put up a notice in the server title saying that you are testing or need to restart every X hours/minutes to keep it fresh or something. "TESTING SERVER: FREQUENT RESTARTS" I don't honestly think there is anything to prevent someone owning a server from taking advantage of this. "Guys, meet up at 8pm to dupe, we'll be 'testing' for about an hour."

You don't bring a server down to test anything. Thats one of the biggest BS's some server admins will tell you.

You don't need to restart your server unless there is a serious problem like cleaning up unwanted data. Everyone tests this game because its Alpha. If a server is locked or constantly restarts. It needs to be brought up and I encourage it to be reported. As a server host and admin myself I can tell you that they are quite possibly full of shit.

Think about it. What are you going to test every single day that requires a restart?

Getting your BEC settings together? Takes maybe an hour. Then maybe the HIVE is acting up. Okay, that doesn't require a restart. That's on DayZ's end. Tents disappeared? One restart. Doesn't bring it back? Constant restarts won't help resolve a swallowed loot. DayZ even says you shouldn't attempt to restart servers to bring back equipment. If abused its well within the reasons to be reported, or the very least investigated. DayZ can look at your loot and see where it came from. They just need to know where to look and they need our help to report these incidents. Else they don't know where to look and can't prevent it.

I can tell you that they are quite possibly full of shit.

That's exactly my point. I have complete faith that 'some' server admins and their clans/groups/whatevers take full advantage of this. Common ignorance or failure to take note as a player leaves them largely unreported, and if they are... hopefully eventually disconnected.

Edited by Dingus
  • Like 1

old helicopters yes

new hueys are alot more than 30. it took us 15 minutes with 3 people filling to fill it up up 80%

edit: the wiki is outdated with old info. its alot more than 600L capacity now

are you shitting me? Fuck.

That's exactly my point. I have complete faith that 'some' server admins and their clans/groups/whatevers take full advantage of this. Common ignorance or failure to take note as a player leaves them largely unreported, and if they are... hopefully eventually disconnected.

Indeed. I can only hope for this too.

I wanna punch this mofo in his face irl.

Like I said, I only duped things 'I' found for my friends. Nothing other than the jerry cans in my inventory were duped. If they were don't you think I'd have my friends L8's and M9 silenced pistols? My player is 100% legit minus the jerry cans. You have no idea how much I freaked out when I found a ghillie suit in a shed in Cherno. It's great to see what this thread has turned into though. People saying I dupe just to kill people.. look at my murders, I don't kill people unless I'm forced to.

When you're done sucking at this game feel free to man up and challenge yourself. Me and one other person fixed a chopper yesterday 100% legit. The reward was an awesome flight around Chernarus. The feeling of accomplishment was REAL and we felt like a couple of winners.

I hope you lose your server if I may be honest.

I've been playing a Ruleset on stream for a while now, ever since I stopped sucking at the game:

No DC

No Dupe

No Tears

One Server

Man Up

Why? For duplicating fuel and items we found? When people are modding in weapons and the best gear there is? We found it and duped it. All I did was give the stuff I found with my friends and duped fuel instead of going to a fuel tank. Why should 'I' be banned. Duping has been in the game since day one and they've had plenty of time to fix it.

Some people torture and then murder people. I only torture people. Torture has existed since the dawn of time and the world has had plenty of time to fix it. It's okay and not a big deal at all for me to torture these people. I mean, I didn't want to go to the gym or buy a punching bag, so I can just punch and tear at these guys. It's cool, calm down everyone!

Thread is turning quite abusive now.

Will lock it here ( for now )

P.S. Just because it's locked doesn't mean we havn't took notice.