Elesder

Return to desktop but game still run

Hi,

i've got trouble with DayZ, i can go into the game, but it goes back to desktop (instantly, or 10 minutes after, random).

The game is still running (i heard sound, can heard step, shoot) but the graphics seams to crash, i've to kill the process in windows to stop it.

My hardware : I7 3770K, P8Z77-V, GTX 670, 8gb RAM @ 2GHz

I tried to repair install, change graphic settings to low/mid/high all i can, but same things appens, my nvidia drivers is up to date

Any help on this ? Thx

Exactly the same thing is happening to me, it seems to be happening only with nvidia chipsets, as far as I've googled. It's a shame nobody seems to have any kind of help regarding this issue. It's most certainly not an overheating problem, my sensors tell me it's at about 70°C when crashing.

i've tried with beta nvidia drivers and still shit, even in arma2 menu, when i change some settings it crash ... 15 euros for that ...

i've tried with beta nvidia drivers and still shit, even in arma2 menu, when i change some settings it crash ... 15 euros for that ...

I was willing to talk to you seriously, but what you said there just made it impossible for me to do so..

Ok nvm I'll try: youre playing an alpha ... ok? ^_^

btw, the same thing happened to me. I was low on memory. I am always low on memory because DayZ gobbles it all up like a ravenous ravenous rameater.

Edited by wahnsinn

Dayz is an alpha MOD base on the engine of Arma 2 : OA wich is out 2 years ago, some people got this problem in Arma 2 yet. You can find thread from 2010 and before with people who got the same things. I post this on Dayz forum because there is more people playing Arma 2 with Dayz extension so i thought someone find a fix. But it's not a matter of DayZ alpha or what.

The only way i found to "play", is the flush command when it return to desktop : " Left Maj and num - and type flush " and the screen come back.

But if you're followed by some creepy zombie or mad serial killer, you're probably dead the time to do it ^^

same problem, help

yeah i err had my graphic card fan blocked up by the case flap so it was overheating big time. fixed it.

Edited by RiggsUK