Sign in to follow this  
>mfwnorespawn

Why the respawn button should be in the game

So about maybe an hour ago i was walking around Chenro in BRA1. Suddenly the server turned to nighttime and it started raining. I then proceeded to get teleported to the middle of nowhere outside the map along with everyone else in the server. Then everyone got their legs broken and inventorys wiped. A few people started shooting everyone with winchesters, I'm not sure if these were hackers or people who didnt have their inventories wiped. I snuck up behind one of them, removed the hachet from my toolbelt (Which remained intact) and hacheted him. In hindsight I should've let him kill me but I will get to that in a sec. When I tried to open his inventory there was nothing there and my hachet disappeared. Then i noticed some headlights up ahead driving towards everyone. The man in the GAZ started running over everyone as they were trying to crawl away. In hindsight i should've let him run me over so I could respawn, but more on that later. I managed to hide behind a tree and the guy stopped as he hit the tree, i managed to jump into the back of the GAZ. He started driving around and then tried to hide the car in a pine tree, It appears he didnt see me get into his car, so i proceeded to get into the drivers seat and run him over. I started driving around looking for civilization and ran out of gas. I then rememebered that the respawn button was disabled so here i was, in the middle of nowhere with broken legs and nothing in my inventory with no way to get back to civilization. My only option was to wait and die from starvation. I changed servers and I was lucky enough to see that my inventory was restored. I luckily had a stick of morphine and a map so I was able to join a recruit server and use it t find the nearest town and heal my legs. But what about all those people who werent so lucky and are probably still crawling around outside of the map with no way to respawn.

The game is an alpha there needs to be a way to reset your character in the event somthing like this happens. This hacking tactic will be abused until the respawn button comes back. Hackers will teleport people outside the map and essentially prevent them from playing the game because they cant respawn.

• Like 2

thread about respawn button #34 (maybe)...

let the zombies kill you, why does everyone find that difficult?

Changelog:

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

precautions were taken, but apparently dont work sometimes.

alpha brah'

• Like 1

Yes, let the zombies kill you when you've been teleported outside the map and there are no zombies.

• Like 2

Because when you're in the middle of fucking nowhere, there aren't any. Have you played this game before?

Also, props to the OP. Sounds like you had quite the will to live.

So about maybe an hour ago i was walking around Chenro in BRA1. Suddenly the server turned to nighttime and it started raining. I then proceeded to get teleported to the middle of nowhere outside the map along with everyone else in the server. Then everyone got their legs broken and inventorys wiped. A few people started shooting everyone with winchesters, I'm not sure if these were hackers or people who didnt have their inventories wiped. I snuck up behind one of them, removed the hachet from my toolbelt (Which remained intact) and hacheted him. In hindsight I should've let him kill me but I will get to that in a sec. When I tried to open his inventory there was nothing there and my hachet disappeared. Then i noticed some headlights up ahead driving towards everyone. The man in the GAZ started running over everyone as they were trying to crawl away. In hindsight i should've let him run me over so I could respawn, but more on that later. I managed to hide behind a tree and the guy stopped as he hit the tree, i managed to jump into the back of the GAZ. He started driving around and then tried to hide the car in a pine tree, It appears he didnt see me get into his car, so i proceeded to get into the drivers seat and run him over. I started driving around looking for civilization and ran out of gas. I then rememebered that the respawn button was disabled so here i was, in the middle of nowhere with broken legs and nothing in my inventory with no way to get back to civilization. My only option was to wait and die from starvation. I changed servers and I was lucky enough to see that my inventory was restored. I luckily had a stick of morphine and a map so I was able to join a recruit server and use it t find the nearest town and heal my legs. But what about all those people who werent so lucky and are probably still crawling around outside of the map with no way to respawn.

The game is an alpha there needs to be a way to reset your character in the event somthing like this happens. This hacking tactic will be abused until the respawn button comes back. Hackers will teleport people outside the map and essentially prevent them from playing the game because they cant respawn.

See this is part of someone hacking. . .or cheating. . . Which isn't part of the game. I'm finally glad they took the button out. To many fully geared accidentally hitting it. . people spamming it till they loaded where they wanted to be. .

I'm sorry you got hit by a hacker. . . and people should know that killing in debug forest is a no-no. . . but because hackers are in the game is no reason to put a game breaking mechanic back into the game. . .

• Like 1

If you get hacker ported, ALT-F4 or Abort right away. No shame in doing it when a hacker is about,

Debug spawns/log ins are automatically placed to the coast now by the way . I know because i logged out at Elektro and loaded back in at the coast next session.

And complimentary.

"Name" was Killed.

"Name" was Killed.

"Name" was Killed.

"Name" was Killed.

Edited by Momiji

It affects server performance, that is why it was taken out. If you were teleported to debug wasteland, just exit out of the game and re-enter, you will be teleported to the coastline.

Also please consider using paragraphs.

Edited by dontblamecows
  • Like 1

I'm finally glad they took the button out. To many fully geared accidentally hitting it. . people spamming it till they loaded where they wanted to be. .

... they could have simply added a 'are you sure you want to respawn? Yes, No' option to prevent fully geared accidents.

as for spamming it till they got where they wanted to be... why is that bad? lol... if your trying to group up with a buddy in OATmeal... and you just spawned in kamenka.... you have either a good 30+ minute run... just to group up (and odds are you will be killed long before you make it there) or you can hit respawn and possibly see 'Elektro' or Cherno.. WOOT! you just saved yourself 30m or more... by using 1-3 minutes hitting respawn and reloading in.

it does not provide a player with an 'unfair advantage' to keep respawning till they get near where they are hoping to be.... as everybody else can do the same thing lol...

• Like 1

It wasnt neccessarily the Debug forest because we got Teleported to the north by Grozovoy Pass. So I'm assuming everyone got teleported to 000000. The only way I know this is because I joined a recruit server that allows you to use your map as a GPS. So the teleport to coastline thing wont work in this instance.

as for spamming it till they got where they wanted to be... why is that bad? lol... if your trying to group up with a buddy in OATmeal... and you just spawned in kamenka.... you have either a good 30+ minute run... just to group up (and odds are you will be killed long before you make it there) or you can hit respawn and possibly see 'Elektro' or Cherno.. WOOT! you just saved yourself 30m or more... by using 1-3 minutes hitting respawn and reloading in.

And you make the load times longer for everyone else and cause the server to desync and delay wasting everyone elses time because your time is more important.

Removal was necessary since it was in the game to assist with game breaking bugs like the rocks and trees breaking your legs or getting stuck, not for you to get the best spawn.

Paragraphs, dude.

Seriously, I would have gladly read your opening post, but that wall of text is abhorrent.

Believe it or not, some of the things you're "forced" to learn in high school (like sentence structure and composition) are actually useful in a real-world environment.

Edited by Sloi
  • Like 1

Yes, let the zombies kill you when you've been teleported outside the map and there are no zombies.

if you have a can, there is a glitch where you can kill yourself with it.

Paragraphs, dude.

Seriously, I would have gladly read your opening post, but that wall of text is abhorrent.

Believe it or not, some of the things you're "forced" to learn in high school (like sentence structure and composition) are actually useful in a real-world environment.

that is a large assumption to make....

how do you know that the OP had the same privileged socially acceptable AMERICAN schooling that you yourself acquired? For that matter... how do you know the person even speaks english as their primary language?! (which would make the post quite acceptable lol) they could be trying their best to provide their feedback/opinion in a language not of their own, and simply forgot to hit the enter button due to their natural language being read backwards or forwards or up or down! how many languages have you tried to learn well enough to post on a forum?!

*cough*

...in closing... how do you know that the OP is old enough to have actually attended High School english lessons? =P

... ^_^ :D

Then everyone got their legs broken and inventorys wiped.

The respawn button is enabled if you fracture your bones. It's in the patch notes. And at least one other post in this thread.

The respawn button is enabled if you fracture your bones. It's in the patch notes. And at least one other post in this thread.

As someone who died recently, I can loudly exclaim that two days ago, that was not true. I think I remember reading that it has since been re-enabled for broken bones, but when .4 launched, there was no bone-break exception.