Sign in to follow this  
M8EO

Where does your vehicle go if you join another server?

Hey,

I was quite lucky in finding a fully working bus (along with alot of other rare items) within the first hour of playing DayZ. The only problem is I don't know anything about 'Saving Vehicles' or anything!

I've read that if you want a vehicle/tent to stay where it is when you logout, you need to 'Save Vehicle/Tent'. I'm assuming that the vehicle/tent stays where it is whilst you are logged out, so other players may steal it - seems fair (correct me if i'm wrong please!).

The thing i'm not sure about is whether my vehicle/tent will be where i 'Saved' it on a different server. It seems like it wouldn't be there, but if that is the case, how am i meant to keep a long lasting vehicle, or have a tent which i store some extra stuff in over a long period of time, if every time i logout i lose them?!

Thank you for helping! :)

you park it and scroll on it select save it stays there on that server for about 7 days if not touched then it respawns

sometimes on server restarts the tents/ vehicles dont spawn so if that happens dont freak out no one can remove your tent so if the tent is there and vehicle is gone someone stole it

and its server side only, if you join another server you will not have the tent/vehicle there.

The saving is not for you but for the server, if you don't save something it will despawn/reset if the server restarts.

As long as you save something it will always be at the place you left it, unless someone moves and saves it somewhere else.

Saved items stay on that server even if you log out so you can come back to find your tents looted and your cars stolen.

You can save items by looking at them and scrolling your middle mouse wheel up/down.

Obviously something you save on one server won't be there on another server, it's unique to that server.

Edited by Izithel

Ah, so if i save my vehicle, it will be there only on that specific server, no others?

And what do you mean by they dont always spawn on server restarts?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Wow guys in the time it took for me to type that, two more comments appeared! thanks alot!!

Right that's cleared it up for me, thanks! :D

Ah, so if i save my vehicle, it will be there only on that specific server, no others?

yes only that server you have it on and i mean on server restarts they glitch and wont appear but another restart will fix it

Vehicles are server bound, a vehicle will always stay on that server unless someone blows it up, which will make it respawn after a certain time

Sometimes the Save thing bugs out, it's still an alpha so to be expected.

Generally the concensus is to not put items in freshly placed tents but save the tent and wait for the next server restart, otherwise the items sometimes just disappear mysteriously.

Probably eaten by a grue if you ask me.

Awesome, I understand now :)

Thanks again :D