Sign in to follow this  
grimsonfart

When looking dowards airfield, textures are going crazy

Hey. I was thinking of a midnight ride of the airport, but now that i can see it, all textures are going crazy and blinking and all CRAZYYY, but when i turn and dont look at the airfield everyhting is fine. Why is this?

Um, artifacts, it is happening to basically everyone that updated to 1.7.2.4, and you get really extremely bad tearing in the textures.

Oh, and it has been reported at every airfield. I have seen it in Green Mountain, Stary Sobor, Cherno, Elektro, and Novy Sobor. It is basically everywhere.

Edited by Optionism

According to the thread regarding artifacting, this occurs because of the dead military bodies found on the ground in some places such as NWAF and Berezino.

Nobody reads do they?? It SAID IN THE PATCH NOTES THERE WILL BE GRAPHIC GLITCHES OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ TIRED IF SEEING PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS, I HAVE THIS HAPPENING CONSTANTLY WITH MY COMPUTER AND TGAT WAS B4 THE PATCH

Nobody reads do they?? It SAID IN THE PATCH NOTES THERE WILL BE GRAPHIC GLITCHES OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ TIRED IF SEEING PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS, I HAVE THIS HAPPENING CONSTANTLY WITH MY COMPUTER AND TGAT WAS B4 THE PATCH

Calm down. And why would i read the notes? Dosent really serve me anything

It doesn't seem to be a server-specific issue because the dead bodies are rendered in the same spots (for all intents and purposes, they are part of the map). Rocket has addressed this issue in his thread regarding the next patch (1.7.2.5) as "in-process", which I assume means he's working on fixing it. Temporary fixes include:

- Video Options -> set Memory to Default

- Press M -> Alt-Tab -> bring up game again -> Press M again

Can't assure that either of these will work for you, but they seem to have worked for a few others.

Edit:

Link to pending 1.7.2.5 patch notes: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52196-pending-update-build-1725/

Link to potential solutions thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50866-when-are-the-artifacts-going-to-be-fixed/

Edited by Kazmobile
  • Like 1

Calm down. And why would i read the notes? Dosent really serve me anything

you would read them so you would know what is going on in the next patch or what will be different you idiot

yeah but this patch broke the good computers, bro