Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze1012

Fishing

Hey DayZ Players!

How about finding fishing rods that you can get also some fish from the lakes?

I think it would be a quiet and good thing to get some food in the wilderness xD

What you think about it?

• Like 2

Fishing and Farming are a yes.

Fishing nets would be awesome to throw out in the ocean or ponds, as well as fishing poles.

I'd also love to see the ability to throw a net into the ocean while on a boat.

As for farming, I know I've seen patches of pumpkins or something. The graphic could be reused for personal patches.

Fishing would take a long ass time, similar to fishing in real life. You sit around for a half hour and catch a single fish, or if you throw a net, even longer for a few fish. Fish would be raw and have to be cooked like raw meat. You'd only gain a little bit of blood back, maybe 50-100 from a fish.

As for farming, you would lay down the seeds. They should implement something like a watering can that you have to use on it, and then the next day cycle, the vegetable would spawn there.

Edited by LordRayken

I just thougt about it, cause sometimes i come to a lake, have no food, enough water, but sometimes i just find no animal xD

Just thought of this while playing and I was going to the forums and searched for it and checked it someone had already had suggested it. I'd love fishing in dayz. +1

Yeah, fishing would be great. Also snare traps for hunting and also crab traps and such... that way people could loot your traps if they find them. Also, scavenging for berries and what not.