avid_gamer

Cancel your servers.

Everyone should cancel any money going into servers for this mod.

We are forced to allow script kiddies, and hacks ruin the game by not being allowed to kick or ban them...

We are not even allowed to lock our server with no players... we can't even shut it off.....

WTF kind of way is this to run a game you expect us to pay over $50 a month to host for you?

Server providers are sending out threats to blacklist servers handed down from DayZ staff...

WTF is wrong with you guys???

Are you that clueless what it is like to spend hard earned cash on a server then be told you can not kick or ban the troll's who are using teleports, the trolls who are using scripts to be invisible... (Kinda fucking hard to get video evidence on that one).

You are telling us we can't have a good server...

We had well over 40 players who would love to have a passworded server that kept out the cuntbag kids with the scripts and hacks.

We are threatened???? We are the one's paying !!!! Your rules suck ass Rocket.

• Like 10

Yet hackers are part of every FPS/MMO/Game community out there right now. To say any different would prove how ignorant you are. So i don't understand why you are so butthurt.

If you agree to follow the rules for owning a server and then decide that you don't want to later on? You deserve to get blacklisted.

It's horrendous that with the amount of hacking going on server owners are being disallowed priviledges to THEIR OWN SERVER. They seriously can't ban hackers and it completely ruins it for them. Why pay $40 or $50 a month for nothing? I say every server owner shut down their server permanently until at least a little light is shed on this issue. (a guy teleported to me earlier today so I alt f4'd, he was on the ATC, me and a friend shot him 15 times with m24 rounds and suddenly he was right next to us).

• Like 3

Yet hackers are part of every FPS/MMO/Game community out there right now. To say any different would prove how ignorant you are. So i don't understand why you are so butthurt.

If you agree to follow the rules for owning a server and then decide that you don't want to later on? You deserve to get blacklisted.

You are SO clueless it's hilarious. He owns a server... A dickbag comes onto his server that teleports everyone to him and starts killing everyone... The OP who owns the server CANNOT ban the dickbag douche that is ruining his server with cheats.

• Like 4

It does not matter. He is mad about an issue that has been in EVERY GAME since the dawn of the PC age. I believe you are the one that's clueless. If you wanna cry about hackers, take it somewhere else. Hackers are in every game.

If he wants to complain about the hosting rules?? Then he shouldn't have rented a server. Its that's simple. The fact of the matter is both of you are crying over trivial bullshit.

Oh yeah, he does not "Own" a server. Hes renting one. So hes agreed to follow the rules to be allowed to rent.

Edited by Grimlok

It does not matter. He is mad about an issue that has been in EVERY GAME since the dawn of the PC age. I believe you are the one that's clueless. If you wanna cry about hackers, take it somewhere else. Hackers are in every game.

If he wants to complain about the hosting rules?? Then he shouldn't have rented a server. Its that's simple. The fact of the matter is both of you are crying over trivial bullshit.

You clueless asshat!

You clearly don't rent a server. you clearly have no clue as to what it is like to try to maintain a server.

You are probably a 15yr old kid playing on daddys pc... go away...

THIS THREAD IS FOR PAYING SERVER OWNERS.

• Like 2

At least most other games by this point have adapted better forms of protection to deal out automatic bans to the hackers.

As for the server host up there, I think its stupid as well that there is such restctions put on a mod in alpha stages i mean a minimum of 40 clients is redulious and not being able to password a server as well, many of us would prefer to be in locked servers then deal with hordes of hackers in this dam game

• Like 1

You clueless asshat!

You clearly don't rent a server. you clearly have no clue as to what it is like to try to maintain a server.

If you don't like the universal HIVE,

Than run your own private DayZ server, easiest solution.

You clueless asshat!

Maintain a server??? You mean the server you rent? The one that you rent that's maintained by the server company who hosts the server? Yeah it must be so tough playing on a server that you are renting with the ability to kick and ban.

umad bro?

Edited by Grimlok

Oh yeah, he does not "Own" a server. Hes renting one. So hes agreed to follow the rules to be allowed to rent.

YES, The issue of hackers has been in EVERY GAME... but this is the fucking first time EVER in a game where people PAY REAL LIFE MONEY for a DEDICATED SERVER where they actually have NO SAY in what happens. It's fucking bogus that because the server renter is trying to remove an obvious hacker from his server he loses his priviledges. It has the look of the Devs siding with exploiters/hackers, instead of the people running this game.

Interesting.

Why cant you kick the hackers? Whats the policy here?

He is allowed to voice his opinion.

If he thinks it's unfair then let him do it.

OP I agree with you. You are the one paying for the server and thus you should be entitled to almost complete power over it. I really think this is a really bad way to treat server owners.

What OP is asking for is only a way to ban hackers.

Plus, people are allowed to "complain" about the products they bought and didn't like.

• Like 1

Yeah it must be so tough playing on a server that you are renting with the ability to kick and ban.

You don't understand, he can't even kick and ban... lol. He literally pays $40 a month.. to sit in his server and be slain by some dickweed who paid $10 for a hack. The guy who paid $10 elimates days/weeks amount of work for 30+ players in a matter of minutes and the server owner can't do SHIT about it because if he bans the hacker, all the hacker has to do is make a "SERVER #BLA ADMINS ARE ABUSING POWER!!!!! WAAAAHHH" thread on the forums and the devs blacklist it.

Edited by BunnyHillPro
  • Like 4

YES, The issue of hackers has been in EVERY GAME... but this is the fucking first time EVER in a game where people PAY REAL LIFE MONEY for a DEDICATED SERVER where they actually have NO SAY in what happens. It's fucking bogus that because the server renter is trying to remove an obvious hacker from his server he loses his priviledges. It has the look of the Devs siding with exploiters/hackers, instead of the people running this game.

Where is the proof they they just said "Fuck you" to the community? Rocket has never once said anything about not caring. You are just trying to justify supporting OP, when OP knows what he agreed to when he purchased the DayZ server.

You don't understand, he can't even kick and ban... lol. He literally pays $40 a month.. to sit in his server and be slain by some dickweed who paid $10 for a hack. The guy who paid $10 elimates days/weeks amount of work for 30+ players in a matter of minutes and the server owner can't do SHIT about it because if he bans the hacker, all the hacker has to do is make a "SERVER #BLA ADMINS ARE ABUSING POWER!!!!! WAAAAHHH" and the devs blacklist it.

Really? He cant kick and ban? Must be a weird server then, because EVERY server admin has the ability to kick and ban.

Really? He cant kick and ban? Must be a weird server then, because EVERY server admin has the ability to kick and ban.

You really have no clue about what you are talking.

Edited by Dickhat
  • Like 2

It is actually pretty sad, the amount of control server owners/admins have. Compared to every other game ever made. We admins need better GUI and support. It is hard maintaining a good, honest server with such strict limits. We cant even see who killed who and with what gun. Even that could help us ban hackers. We can set the rules and regal as you want them, but let us see more of what is going on in our server. If admins abuse powers then the population of that server will fall. So why not give us a chance to actually admin.

Lets be honest, all we can rrreally do as of now is update and and restart servers. That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

@Grimlock you obviously do not have a strong comprehension of the english language.

He is not complaining about hackers exsisting. Every game has them. He is complaining that as a server owner hosting DayZ he is without power to do something about it without violoating some asinine rule crocked up by a developer with no sense.

So before you jump down some ones throat maybe you should take an english comprehension class at your local community college.

• Like 1

You really have no clue about what you are talking about.

No, you don't have any clue. Its been stated before that server admins can only kick and ban. You should probably go look it up.

ITT people butthurt because they don't know what they signed up for when they rent a server.

Im leaving this thread so you crybaby's can continue to cry a river.

Where is the proof they they just said "Fuck you" to the community? Rocket has never once said anything about not caring. You are just trying to justify supporting OP, when OP knows what he agreed to when he purchased the DayZ server.

I never said that the devs said "Fuck you" to the community. Do you know what perception is?

The OP said that he banned a bunch of hackers from his server, and after doing so his server has been blacklisted so he can't ban or kick any new hackers. (The hackers he banned originally most likely made a QQ admin abuse thread and the devs saw it, it happens somewhat often)

• Like 1

@Grimlock you obviously do not have a strong comprehension of the english language.

He is not complaining about hackers exsisting. Every game has them. He is complaining that as a server owner hosting DayZ he is without power to do something about it without violoating some asinine rule crocked up by a developer with no sense.

So before you jump down some ones throat maybe you should take an english comprehension class at your local community college.

if you read further, your post here makes no sense. Hes complaining about it even though he AGREED to it when he bought a server. Sounds pretty retarded to me. As do you right now.

I've almost had it with dayz because of the hackers my friends and i lost 3 camps in 3 days on 3 different servers ALL because of hackers and the admins could not do crap about it ether so all we can do is leave the server we like until there is less then 10 in it for no hackers to bother targeting it.

Its very hard on people losing weeks of work with end game gear to just sit there and take it because the games protection is like using a single sheet of paper to stop a bullet

• Like 1

No, you don't have any clue. Its been stated before that server admins can only kick and ban. You should probably go look it up.

ITT people butthurt because they don't know what they signed up for when they rent a server.

Im leaving this thread so you crybaby's can continue to cry a river.

They can kick and ban, yes. But the hacker can just come to the forums and say the admin is abusing power because he was banned, the server then gets blacklisted and the person who rented it can't do anything.

This isn't /v/ btw. Just so you know before you start trying to greentext.

• Like 3

if you read further, your post here makes no sense. Hes complaining about it even though he AGREED to it when he bought a server. Sounds pretty retarded to me. As do you right now.

The OP agreed to have his server blacklisted IF

1) He used his server to exploit (ie, restart constantly for new loot / vehicles)

2) Lock his server from the public (password)

3) Banning EVERY SINGLE PLAYER FROM HIS SERVER (The same as locking pretty much)

He never agreed to have his server blacklisted for banning a few hackers that ruin his server completely.

• Like 3