Sign in to follow this  
kragz

Will equipping my hatchet from toolbar destroy my rifle?

I've got a lee enfield equipped atm. If i want to switch to a hatchet will it destroy my weapon like the bug that destroys items if you dont have space (like weapons?)

you basically just answered you're own question... if the bug takes into effect at that time you will lose it... make sure you have the space for it, and hope to god the bug does not destroy it.

If you want to make sure that your weapon is safe, drop it on solid ground, take out your hatchet, kill what you need to kill, then put it back in your toolbelt, and pick your rifle back up.

• Like 1

as far as I know, it will drop your current weapon and ammo for it on the ground if you unclip it from your toolbelt... but, don't quote me on that.

put yer gun in yer backpack. simple.

Definitely put it in your backpack like Ghost mentioned. Dropping a weapon on the ground could easily cause you to lose it.

Edited by Bubba Jones

Definitely put it in your backpack like Ghost mentioned. Dropping a weapon on the ground could easily cause you to lose it.

Unfortunately there's a bug with that as well. Just look at the threads talking about backpacks "eating" weapons. Happened to me the other day. Added my rifle to my backpack to equip the hatchet and "poof", no more rifle.

Unfortunately there's a bug with that as well. Just look at the threads talking about backpacks "eating" weapons. Happened to me the other day. Added my rifle to my backpack to equip the hatchet and "poof", no more rifle.

A rifle takes up 10 slots in the backpack, add to that any ammunition slots you need. You have to have room for it all or your rifle and ammo may disappear.

My best results have been with adding my primary weapon to a loot pile, then putting it into my backpack from there (making sure I have ten slots free, of course). Then I arm the axe, do my chopping, and put it back on my belt. I've never had a problem pulling a weapon out of my pack and into an empty weapon spot, so I wouldn't worry about that.

The system failed me once, when I tried to add my Winchester to a loot pile on the highest loft of one of those red-roofed barns. The thing utterly vanished, appearing neither on the ground nor in the loot pile's inventory list. Just a Winchester, not too hard to find another one, but it's among the best weapons nowadays and that cheesed me off.

as far as I know, it will drop your current weapon and ammo for it on the ground if you unclip it from your toolbelt... but, don't quote me on that.

Quoted.... xD