iLLxTyphus

A Talk to All server admins

. I see TONS of complaints like these on this forum, but when I look at the BIS forums, barely 1 complaint a day. All go to their forum and continue bitching there so someone might listen!

Well, nobody cares when I lock my ARMA server, or kick a hacker...... ARMA doesn't have these restrictions on their server hosts so really nothing to "bitch" at in the BIS forums....

zq7 i understand what your saying this is to the point of that we as server owners are not aloud to protect our servers, and yes ive heard of arma2 you ignorant shit. now im all for each side of the view but if your just gona come in and try and bad troll dont bother posting

zq7 i understand what your saying this is to the point of that we as server owners are not aloud to protect our servers, and yes ive heard of arma2 you ignorant shit. now im all for each side of the view but if your just gona come in and try and bad troll dont bother posting

Ignorant shit? Lol.

You claim that you aren't allowed to 'protect our servers' yet in your first post you claim that you have banned 5 people from you server. How is that not being able to 'protect your server'? What more do you want?

You never mention 'protecting our server' in the first post beside how you banned those 5 hackers, you go rambling on how they (DayZ team) should fix hackers, which they can't until it's a stand alone game (read my previous post).

So, since you have established that you do know about Arma 2, go bark up the right tree my little child.

Edited by zq7

what is worse, hackers or power abusing admins? I do not see much of a difference. Both cheat and ruin gameplay. UK41 - Admin 'Kafka' is one of these power abusing admins...

I strongly support this as a regular player without an own server. This mod depends on people volunteeringly hosting servers and treats them like shit at the same time. Hackers are now far worse then everything that can come from passworded and whitelisted servers.

Edited by Treehead

Read what i wrote zq7, i had five members of my clan try to hack and they got insta banned and yes i stand by that your being an ignorant shit.

I shut off my server last nght because it had already been hacked 3 times and it was past my bedtime. I didnt want players to keep coming

in the server and have thunderdome happen to them.

I do not blame Rocket or any of the Dayz staff for the issues i am having with the server. I need to do some more research to find out how to figure out

which of the players are hacking and how to ban them.

Hello Gents and Ladies,

I know first hand how much of a PITA chasing hackers off your servers can be. The Devs have enough weight on their shoulders making sure the game is performing properly. I have owned and operated many servers with my Community in the last 5 years. I have to say that Dayz is one of the most amazing mods we have ever had the pleasure of playing. BUT .... the hackers make it pretty damn miserable. We are in the process of adding security mods that are meant for THE BASE GAME since Dayz is only a MOD, not the engine. We will share with the Community here because we know what a PITA it can be dealing with these leet groups of script kiddies. First they are using scripts to access the server to run the hacks on. These scripts can be used in many ways. Check your servers to make sure that no player can upload any custom content or even connect to it without it first being scanned by the server. The server has kicked over 30 people today alone since we implented file checking to make sure everyones files are what they are suppose to be. This means only Rockets and Arma's content is only allowed. Here is a link so that some of you can implent the same anti hacker scripts and maybe we as Server Owners can communicate what works and what don't.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1527

Sincerely,

Six

Hello Gents and Ladies,

I know first hand how much of a PITA chasing hackers off your servers can be. The Devs have enough weight on their shoulders making sure the game is performing properly. I have owned and operated many servers with my Community in the last 5 years. I have to say that Dayz is one of the most amazing mods we have ever had the pleasure of playing. BUT .... the hackers make it pretty damn miserable. We are in the process of adding security mods that are meant for THE BASE GAME since Dayz is only a MOD, not the engine. We will share with the Community here because we know what a PITA it can be dealing with these leet groups of script kiddies. First they are using scripts to access the server to run the hacks on. These scripts can be used in many ways. Check your servers to make sure that no player can upload any custom content or even connect to it without it first being scanned by the server. The server has kicked over 30 people today alone since we implented file checking to make sure everyones files are what they are suppose to be. This means only Rockets and Arma's content is only allowed. Here is a link so that some of you can implent the same anti hacker scripts and maybe we as Server Owners can communicate what works and what don't.

http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=1527

Sincerely,

Six

I'm confused, are you saying your package prevents injections or files being uploaded to the server <-- how does that happen?

We recently got attacked by the Thunder Dome BS! Also had someone spawn a chopper, jump out and knew where we all were and killed all of us. He would come to our position and one shot us. So frustrating that we cant stop this from happening. Have already had 1 member of our clan leave the game because of hackers (hes fed up with all the BS) and it wont be long before more start leaving!

As a Co Admin of a server, I support this.

Well i finally got hacked and well my hosts CP has been down all day and im just about done. in all honesty maybe the project will fall flat on its face for some company who can get things done to get it acomplished

Edited by iLLxTyphus

In support of getting this fixed ALL server owners need to get together pick a day and just turn your server off.

Wrote the same today here http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52515-attention-rocket-please-review-the-dayz-server-host-rules/page__st__100#entry527233

Say the day and we shutdown our server and a friend makes the same because his server got also hacked as you can see here http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/51497-hacker-on-friend-server/