Reapyy

Receiving Error during Gameplay

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?: yes, 1.59.

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file: six launcher and in game server list.

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible: During gameplay every 30 minutes or so randomly I will get a black screen that says "receiving" like when you first log on. during this 20 second period i can't move or do anything but I can be attacked and killed by zeds.

*Your PC specs: Dell XPS 600 Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz 3.19GHZ, 2.00GB of RAM

*Your Operating System: Windows XP

*Have you looked at these threads?:yep.

bump, I REALLY need a fix to this. the game is unplayable because of this.

i get this have to restart game every 30 min to an hour because my screen just goes black and says "receiving" but i am still in game..

tried all the solutions posted and am going to fresh re-install soon

i get this have to restart game every 30 min to an hour because my screen just goes black and says "receiving" but i am still in game..

tried all the solutions posted and am going to fresh re-install soon

I was having kind of the same problem. I got random freezes for ~5 seconds followed by a black screen and a few seconds later the ingame sounds came back but the screen stayed black. So I had to close the game by Alt-F4 and start it again which made it more or less unplayable.

I did not found a solution to completely fix this problem but at least to continue playing.

I played with the launch parameters ending up with this (the "-winxp" parameter was the one that worked for I guess):

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -cpuCount=2 -maxMem2047 -world=chernarus -noPause -nosplash -skipIntro -winxp -mod=@DayZ

For the graphic settings I use video memory set to default, vsync and AA off.

Now the same problem occurs (rarely) but after the freeze/black screen for a few seconds I can continue playing. (not testet 1.7.2.5 yet)

Hope it works for you guys too.