Sign in to follow this  
DayZPvP.com

Ultimate DayZ Graphics Settings and Tweaks Guide

You have to visit my blog to read the full guide, that's just the way things work. Click here to read the full guide with images and ALL OF THE BEST SETTINGS!

As we all know DayZ is a very demanding game, in all senses of the word. ArmA 2 itself needs a good amount of RAM, CPU and GPU power itself, and the DayZ mod adds a whole other layer of code on top. Also since DayZ uses a very unique "hive" central server there is more demand on your internet connection. The game server that we play on have a huge part to play in this equation as well. You really have to make sure your rig is set up properly to get the best performance. The goal is the highest FPS or Frames Per Second that is possible for our machine.

Field of view or FOV is may be changed (some people can do without adjusting FOV - depends on your monitor mostly). Click here for a full guide on changing your FOV.

There are a lot of tweaks that you can do besides the settings in-game. If you are not comfortable changing your config files, then you might want to leave them alone. MAKE A BACK UP OF ANY FILE BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT. I will not be responsible for you messing up your installation! This is your one and final warning!

Since I can't seem to post images anymore you have to go to DayZPvP.com to read about:

Graphic Card Settings, Tweaking Arma2OA.cfg, In-Game Settings, and Setting Up the Launch Parameters

Including a setting for almost every possible option.

post-30542-0-47207000-1343675656_thumb.j

Edited by DayZPvP.com

Added about 5 or 6 changes yesterday. The link to my blog is always the best way to get this info, I can keep all the changes up to date that way.

Couple more tweaks added, including a workaround for the HUGEPOLYGONSOFDEATH bug