Sign in to follow this  
brites

I don't understand S*** about computers and I'd like some advice

So i just got a new pc for gaming and, as before all I needed to do was turning every settings on low and disabled, I didn't need to know a lot.

Now I'm more interested about such features, and I would like to know what every video setting on arma II does.

My specs:

Intel core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6870

8.00 GB RAM

If you need any other spec please refer to it in the comments.

What I've done:

- I've managed to get the game playing smoothly with amazing graphics, although I think I could turn something down and compensate on other features (i.e. reduce AA to increase textures)

What I want:

- The game running smooth

- Good looking graphics

- No graphic glitches and stuff

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. =)

Your computer should be fine for running this.

I advise using the high settings but turning off AA and postprocessing. Makes it look dang nice but ends up just screwing you over because you can't see through leaves and such while people with less good computers on low settings can. Also, the blur while turning is super annoying.

Edited by Xaiier
  • Like 2

Thanks for the link LivingError, but I don't really understand what exactly the atoc and fsaa options do. I saw that atoc changes the tress and stuff, but he referred that players could see me with low settings when I cannot see them with the setting in high.

What is this about?

Your computer should be fine for running this.

I advise using the high settings but turning off AA and postprocessing. Makes it look dang nice but ends up just screwing you over because you can't see through leaves and such while people with less good computers on low settings can. Also, the blur while turning is super annoying.

This right here. Remember this too: You may think all the foliage on the hill you're prone in gives you an advantage, this is a false sense of security. Someone with terrain detail on low sees you on a bare hill from 150+ meters away.(This is without the use of sniper scopes and binoculars. Once zoomed in they will see all the grass and whatnot)

Edited by mt roger
  • Like 1

This right here. Remember this too: You may think all the foliage on the hill you're prone in gives you an advantage, this is a false sense of security. Someone with terrain detail on low sees you on a bare hill from 150+ meters away.(This is without the use of sniper scopes and binoculars. Once zoomed in they will see all the grass and whatnot)

thanks mate, that helped me.