Sign in to follow this  
grey_sun

How does logging off and items work?

Hey recently started playing and have some questions. I've read about tents and how they work in relation to same server, dying, leaving items etc. But what happens when you log out? Does your body just lay there? Can people take your stuff and kill you, therefore you should log out in a hidden place?

Also if you leave a bunch of items on the ground somewhere and log out, will they still be there when u login? (assuming noone takes them). Or do they just dissapear? Thanks

If you log out your character is removed and noone will be able to harm your character during that time. This has actually lead to some people exploiting it and disconnecting whenever they ran the risk of dying. As a response to this there will be a forced save whenever you disconnect. If you disconnect while bleeding you might bleed out during your absence (not entirely sure).

Items on the ground will be removed after a while and won't be accessible the next time you join the server.

I hope I could answer all you questions.

awesome thanks you did. so the only way to keep items is to place em in tents. got it