Sign in to follow this  
Endlvl

Does The L85A2 AWS show heat signatures of cars (engine off)?

Specifically cars that have had their engine off for a long time. If not, how fast do cars lose their heat signatures? I know that functioning cars have heat signatures but this is important to know if you can use an l85a2 for hunting camps/ abandoned vehicles. Any other cool uses for thermal? For those who don't know the l85a2 has a laser that can be used with night vision goggles to mark targets (hit the L button and look through your scope in night vision mode). Also the l85a2 can see clearly through mist, detect zombie spawns (to see if player is near), find animals, and see residual heat from bullet holes (at least my friend said that he could). Personally I think it should see residual heat in footsteps but that feature isn't implemented as far as I know.

Uh, I got this weapon in my tent to. A nooby question, but how can i change the NVG-sight to the thermal sight ingame? :s little bit confused about that.

Thank you (:

Uh, I got this weapon in my tent to. A nooby question, but how can i change the NVG-sight to the thermal sight ingame? :s little bit confused about that.

Thank you (:

you have to press N two times, that should switch between modes

Specifically cars that have had their engine off for a long time. If not, how fast do cars lose their heat signatures? I know that functioning cars have heat signatures but this is important to know if you can use an l85a2 for hunting camps/ abandoned vehicles. Any other cool uses for thermal? For those who don't know the l85a2 has a laser that can be used with night vision goggles to mark targets (hit the L button and look through your scope in night vision mode). Also the l85a2 can see clearly through mist, detect zombie spawns (to see if player is near), find animals, and see residual heat from bullet holes (at least my friend said that he could). Personally I think it should see residual heat in footsteps but that feature isn't implemented as far as I know.

Vehicle heat signature slowly degrades until about 60-80 minutes has passed, and the signature is completely gone.

Vehicle heat signature slowly degrades until about 60-80 minutes has passed, and the signature is completely gone.

Ok thank you, that answers the question completely.

I think it takes a while for the heat signature to be gone but if the vehicles are lying around at a camp I would not expect them to show up.

When you step on the ground with a boot does it leave enough heat for a sustained period of time for this to be realistic? Keep in mind DayZ uses the arma 2 and arma 2 oa weapons so any changes to the L85a2 would have to be made too. It would be possible for rocket to incorporate other weapons modded into the game (double barreled shotgun) but at this point I doubt the arma 2 devs would make changes to the L85a2.