Sign in to follow this  
Waylander The Origional

I am spawning without a gun

Is this normal, am I doing somthing wrong? I do not seem to have any sort of weapon at hand.

Nope, you don't spawn with any weapons.

Edited by Creampuff
  • Like 1

This is normal, the mod used to spawn you with a pistol but now you have to find a weapon on your own. Be sneaky, my suggestion if you need a gun is to look in open barns and in the cities. This will involve a lot of crawling to get past zombies but you should at least be able to find a hatchet or an old hunting weapon.

• Like 1

Not anymore. Good luck. You'll need it for the first few days you play!

Those guides are outdated. Spawning with a gun was an earlier feature that has been removed.

I thought you did. It says in a lot of the newbie guides that you get a pistol and a clip of ammo.

Those are most likely outdated you no longer spawn with a weapon.

I thought you did. It says in a lot of the newbie guides that you get a pistol and a clip of ammo.

That's becuase a lot of the sources are out of date sadly. This game is updating/changing very frequently so use the forums to stay as updated as possible.

Good luck out there.

A rocket launcher.... Crap I must be doing something wrong all I keep getting is the slingshot and caltrops.

Good luck at finding some guns or even a hatchet. If your new its pretty hard to get well geared in short time. Just keep an eye open for military tents and all other enterable buildings. Even a Lee Enfield is enough for the beginning. (:

It is actually a good thing you don't spawn with a pistol any more.

You see latest Arma 2 patch tweaked gun damage. Pistols became BB guns. Takes 4-8 body shots from a pistol to kill an infected (excluding headshots) and infected these days actually hear the shots and join the feast...

If newbies were to still spawn with a pistol, they would inevitably fire it against the first infected, wonder why it doesn't die and shoot again and again and... :munch munch munch, dead survivor:

The way it is now, you first have to learn to crawl around... which turns out to be pretty much the best way to go on your business anyway even after you DO find a gun. Problem being that guns that actually kill infected in 1-2 shots are so loud that one kill brings 10 friends and pistols are... weak and also risk bringing more things on you. I've nearly died twice from a simple "hey, let's pop this to clear the way" due to the extra bonus friends that zoom at you these days... it even seems that the infected spawns are semi-bugged in that if you aggro some, there is a substantial chance that extras spawn to replace them almost instantly, leading to cascade flood of infected towards your pretty face.

So, crawl - at least until the guns and the zombie spawn/hearing mechanics are retuned.

Edited by Jarnis