Sign in to follow this  
Sheldomaus

Spawning as a bandit (Havent killed anyone)

Date/Time:5/23/12

What happened:Spawned as a bandit even though i haven't killed anyone yet. in the debug it says i killed 5 people

Where you were: At the bank in Elecktro

What you were doing: Thinking why i was a bandit...not moving

*Current installed version:1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: I don't recall the name of the server

*Your system specs:

Windows 7 64bit

Radeon HD 6950

AMD Athlon ll X4 620 3GHz

4gig ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: Didn't really do anything out of the ordinary. i just respawned as a bandit

I had a similar issue.

I was on a server for about a half hour. I was running around with a couple of people in a city, and I had killed maybe 5 zombies total. I hadn't killed a single player.

I just logged on, and my stats say I have killed 103 zombies, 74 headshots, 3 murders, and 1 bandit kill. I'm also now a bandit. I was also sitting the woods just outside of some type of military base, not inside a building of the city I was in when I logged out a few hours ago.

Since I just signed onto this game for the first time today, I can assure you I am nowhere good enough to have those kind of stats.

It looks like I've received someone else's stats and character location. My name in-game is Lenzi. I would appreciate it if all my stats were reset to zero please.

Also it appears I can not die. I joined the Ohio 3 server I think today. I am up to a total of -34k blood now, I can jump off buildings and survive. I've had people try to kill me and they cant. I am also gushing blood pretty bad (imagine every single spot on your character leaking blood)

here is a picture showing you my character and their problems...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/7259339400_09f2542582_h.jpg

I just spawned after playing a couple days ago.

Spawned west of Balota.

Then turned into a bandit.

I did shoot a survivor the last time I played, but I had 2500 humanity and 1 murder has never put me into "bandit" before.

I dealt with it and figured it was just because one murder gets you into bandit now.

However, none of my gear has saved. I had to hop out of the server a couple times at Balota.

All of the zombies were dead and I was alone in the tower but I was in a fight with a survivor who was hiding from my AKM, I told him to come out because I had never intended to be a bandit, he wouldn't so I just DC'd because I had to go anyway, saved (I guess, it's not showing the save timer anymore) and then came back about 30 minutes later and I was back at the same spot, but with just the standard noob gear. I had had that AKM for probably 10 minutes.

So I just scouted for more loot and found some more stuff on and then went down stairs, but I had to DC again, so I laid down in the grass with all my new loot (nothing special, just some makarov ammo and I think a soda), saved (again the timer isn't there so I don't know), and then came back about an hour and a half later.

I guess it's saving since I'm starting in the same place, but I've lost my gear twice.

Maybe the switch to bandit (originally I don't know why!) is causing my character not to save it's loot???

I'm on 1.5.8.2 and I was in NZ3,4,1

Happened here as well. People were reporting it as being a problem for everybody on that server .

I don't think this is a server isolated problem, I have the same problem, and I haven't killed nearly as much as I've assisted other players. It's an annoying problem as whenever I join a server, I am a bandit, after 15-20 minutes my skin will change regardless of my activities to a normal survivor model, and along with the bandit skin I will lose my backpack, and anything within.

This can happen as you may have become a bandit in your previous life however the server hadnt yet processed that so when you respawned you have now

P.S.: does your screen flash and you swap to your pistol while randomly standing up, if so then its more than likely this reason

First I spawn as bandit with 0 humanity (DayZ hive), after five minutes I become a survivor. When I shoot someone I become a bandit once again, but still with 0 humanity. This results in me becoming a survivor once again after appr. five minutes. This goes on and on, resulting in lost of backpack once in a while.