Sign in to follow this  
Rudie (DayZ)

Can somebody PLEASE tell me what the FU*K just happened? Part 2

Last night, I had a hatchet. Seen another guy with a hatchet. So I followed him not intending to kill him but just to let him know I wasnt a threat, we were being chased by about 15 zombies and when we were running behind houses to lose the trail I could hear him swinging his axe at me ( missed ) so I knew he wasnt friendly, so the funny part is he got taken down by the zombies and was crawling around, I killed the couple of z's with my axe then ultimatley took time watching him squirm about like a little worm rolling about, so I killed him.

Next thing is I ran along the coast and see a goat, I kill the goat and then it tells me it has meat on it ( but I couldnt loot the meat ) then I see a cow literally in deep water as if he was goin for a swim so I swiped it a couple of times with the axe then BAM I get kicked by battle eye.

WTF Happened?

You need a hunting knife to gut an animal for meat. Update your battle manually in both OA and appdata locations to fix kicking, there are plenty of guides on this. Use the search form

Since 1.7.2.4, I have had multiple occasions where I can't get the meat off an animal after I gut it. I can inspect it and see that it was killed by an unknown cause, but that's about it. This has happened with cows, goats, and a rabbit.

Since 1.7.2.4, I have had multiple occasions where I can't get the meat off an animal after I gut it. I can inspect it and see that it was killed by an unknown cause, but that's about it. This has happened with cows, goats, and a rabbit.

you kill cutey wabbits? you, sir, are indeed the fucking rudest buddhist i ever met. bad karma.

• Like 1

I has to eat!

fair enough. on a related note, do you think the forums are ripe for a "We need to be able to harvest mushrooms so vegetarians can survive in the woods. Could also be used for 'medical purposes'" suggestion thread?

fair enough. on a related note, do you think the forums are ripe for a "We need to be able to harvest mushrooms so vegetarians can survive in the woods. Could also be used for 'medical purposes'" suggestion thread?

Well Rocket has talked about the possibility of creating hydroponic gardens and growing your own eats. Wabbits, be free!

the possibility of creating hydroponic gardens and growing your own smokes

We could grow some beautiful tree's to smoke, would make the screen all hazy and blurred :)