Sign in to follow this  
Meak

Can somebody PLEASE tell me what the FU*K just happened?

From the beginning...

Being that tents are solid again (mostly), my buddies and I set up a camp. We had some OKAY stuff in there, 3 DMRs, a couple Mk Mod 0s, M4A1 Acogs, loads of sustenance, and a couple back packs full of tools. Well last night We were farming for vehicles, and then crash sites, and then players, and logged off... this is what happened about 10 minutes ago when I logged back on.

I ran to our tent spot, and there are like 10 tents there. All empty except one, with the weapons. But now there are only 2 DMRs, both bizons are mission, and there are like 15 boxes of matches inside. At first I thought some assholes came and item # blocked our gear with matches, so I started to pull them out. After pulling out 10 or so, I noticed they were cloning more inside. I ran to the other tent we had set up, and put my m107 in it. I decided "fuck this, im just going to go part hunting with my bizon"

I walk back to the other tent to clean out my inventory, and BOOM, the second I OPEN the tent, I have AS50, 5 guillies, tons of clips, range finder, and M4A1 CCO SD. A couple coyote packs dropped on the gound in front of me completely full of cooked meat.

I was freaking out, had no idea what just happened, and about 3 seconds later, I got kicked because battle eye said I was scripting.

I logged back on, and nothing had changed, still had the as50, guilles and everything. Now, as I'm typing this, I think I'm realizing a hacker was hooking me up. Maybe he was standing next to me or something and just fucking loaded me up. I'm dropping the AS50. I've played this game about 2 months now and haven't gotten that bad boy on my own yet. First time isn't going to be by a hacker. I'm DEF keeping all the guilles though haha. My group is going to blow me later tonight for that.

Any idea on what exactly happened? Has anything similar happened to anybody else?

Sounds like a hacker tbh, not sure why they were giving that stuff to you though...

Edited by iStP

If battleye kicked for scripting you may not be getting back in. Have you tried to log back in since this happened?

Its really hard to tell weather its a HACKER or a group hoarding supplies... if this tents was in a remote location... i would assume it to be a LEGIT camp..

Tents are not solid, that's bullshit. One tent, placed two days ago, always spawns with a "duplicate" tent next to it, neither with anything in them, every time the server restarts. Another two tents far, far away, placed at different times, both had everything that was put in them for about a 12 hour period disappear on the next server restart. They had been saved numerous times. No, it is not theft. Nobody steals a Bizon and leaves the ammo and NVGs. Tents are still buggy as shit. Maybe once it's survived a few server restarts, and you've put something in it after each and everything is still there you can start relying on it. I've also had crap I know wasn't mine show up in a tent.

I have a suspicion multiple tents are ending up with the same ID, because there's something bloody weird with it.

Of course meanwhile backpacks seem to have some problems as well, it's getting to the point the only place you can put anything and have any confidence it won't be gone the next time you login/restart the server due to a bug is your main inventory.

Edited by thekab

If battleye kicked for scripting you may not be getting back in. Have you tried to log back in since this happened?

Read the post smart one.

I'm curious why a hacker would be passing loot to others on the server. And I mean, I guess "hacker" is the pronoun, but like, can they really PUT GEAR ON ME? I figured they could script shit in, but actually replace my gear? haha insanity

I'm curious why a hacker would be passing loot to others on the server. And I mean, I guess "hacker" is the pronoun, but like, can they really PUT GEAR ON ME? I figured they could script shit in, but actually replace my gear? haha insanity

Yes. Happened to me yesterday. I got shot point blank by someone I couldnt see (sounded like a shotty), and when I respawned on the beach I had an M107 with 8 clips, NV, Rangefinder, a full set of tool belt items and a Coyote Backpack.

Edit: I suppose this could have been a bug though.

Edited by SystemiK