Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

Ports to open?

Hi,

I was wondering - very often I get the red connection symbol on the screen - also when I am in a server with 50 players in; I never seem to see these players even in the big towns?

I have spotted a couple of people as they have shot me :( but I would expect to see more as 50 people on the map is quite a lot.

Are there any ports that I need to open on my router/pc that improves this? If this is normal then all good I am cool; but thought it is worth a check.

Cheers,

Jim

nope, no ports. Avoid major towns unless you know what you are doing because most people will sit on rooftops and hillsides to kill people running aimlessly into town.

• Like 2

nope, no ports. Avoid major towns unless you know what you are doing because most people will sit on rooftops and hillsides to kill people running aimlessly into town.

I always go into towns no problems - I also go to the NW airfield regularly and not had any issues. Don't get me wrong I have seen other players but not that many.

remember, the map is 225km^2 so 50 people is one person for every 4.5 square kilometer of area. Granted the concentrations will be around towns and airfields, but the odds of you running into anyone very often are fairly low.

I'll poke around in a town if it starts me out there but otherwise I avoid them. I usually see at least just one person at a distance when I'm in a town, mostly I avoid them, maybe for similar reasons you aren't seeing many people..

Yeah could be the case - I know people exist as I find tents and stuff all time :)