Sign in to follow this  
Avataz

Admin abuse ( DayZ - UK125 (1.7.2.4/95389) (Veteran|3D:ON|CH:OFF) dayzmod.com - KIA DayZ Server )

The admin on this server is restarting the server when their clan members are getting killed. Just last night when 2 of the KIA members got killed the server instantly went into restart mode, here is the stats on the server restart=

DayZ 7 Chernarus 2012-07-29 22:19 2012-07-29 22:19

DayZ 19 Chernarus 2012-07-29 19:31 2012-07-29 22:18

The admin is also restarting the server whenever one of their vehicles is either flipping over or starting to get damaged, so it flips back or repairs itself.

The whole KIA clan is also duping items like ghillie suits, nvgs, rangefinders, ammo, dmrs, etc etc, you name it, they have duped it.

These restarts happen alot on this server, atleast 5 times per day. When the admin restarts the server, alot of the collected gear and items im finding and putting in the tent vanishes due to these restarts.

Is there anything that can be done against them? like a global ban or?

Edited by Avataz

look at it this way:

they are paying to their own server, its a public server so you can join and have fun playing this mod too.

I've seen some stuff made me uninstall the mod with admins lame acts dont get me wrong. I'm not saying you have no point but you are overreacting. just leave the server. they dont worth putting a fight against. dont ruin your joy. just leave that server. admin + his clanmates of 20 suckers means that server is fucked. just leave and play some place else.

this one time, there was a server I wont give any names. side chat was still enabled those times. admins friend says "I got 1 chopper, 5 cars, 1 quadbike :P" to global side chat..after some time I shot one of them with m24 at night (I camped at the closest gas station to north west and waited for them to come refill, and they did), server restarted after the kill, I had it all captured. But next morning I decided to delete everything and decided not to bother myself with this shit. Just changed the server I play on. If you try to win against hackers - lame acts, theres no way to win. You shouldnt try fighting against it and ruin your experience.

If you try to win against hackers - lame acts, theres no way to win. You shouldnt try fighting against it and ruin your experience.

^ this.

look at it this way:

they are paying to their own server, its a public server so you can join and have fun playing this mod too.

I've seen some stuff made me uninstall the mod with admins lame acts dont get me wrong. I'm not saying you have no point but you are overreacting. just leave the server. they dont worth putting a fight against. dont ruin your joy. just leave that server. admin + his clanmates of 20 suckers means that server is fucked. just leave and play some place else.

this one time, there was a server I wont give any names. side chat was still enabled those times. admins friend says "I got 1 chopper, 5 cars, 1 quadbike :P" to global side chat..after some time I shot one of them with m24 at night (I camped at the closest gas station to north west and waited for them to come refill, and they did), server restarted after the kill, I had it all captured. But next morning I decided to delete everything and decided not to bother myself with this shit. Just changed the server I play on. If you try to win against hackers - lame acts, theres no way to win. You shouldnt try fighting against it and ruin your experience.

I understand but it still doesnt mean that they should be able to do this. They are breaking the EULA for Dayz, and if i notice them doing that ofcourse im going to report them and i want actions to be taken against them.

The reason why i dont want to leave this server is because i got some friends that i play with on it, and we have collected gear and items which fortunately have been spared from the restarting madness happening everyday.

I do understand however, if the admin gets banned, the server shuts down. But i rather have the admin banned and the server shutdown, and losing all my tents, than just leaving the server and restarting fresh on another one.

Edited by Avataz
  • Like 1

There's a EULA for Dayz?

Yes, when you play the arma games and dayz you agree to the EULA that Battleye and bohemia interactive has, and the Dayz creator Dean Hall works for Bohemia Interactive.

Edited by Avataz

This is a total of 12 server restarts on the 28th with very short intervals between the restart downtime and uptime. First restart is on the bottom.

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 23:49

2012-07-29 07:59

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 22:19

2012-07-28 23:46

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 22:03

2012-07-28 22:15

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 21:31

2012-07-28 21:59

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 21:05

2012-07-28 21:27

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 19:12

2012-07-28 21:01

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 16:57

2012-07-28 19:03

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 16:07

2012-07-28 16:52

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 14:16

2012-07-28 16:03

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 14:04

2012-07-28 14:09

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 06:08

2012-07-28 13:59

DayZ

Chernarus

2012-07-28 00:07

2012-07-28 05:59

Edited by Avataz

Yes, when you play the arma games and dayz you agree to the EULA that Battleye and bohemia interactive has, and the Dayz creator Dean Hall works for Bohemia Interactive.

ARMA has a EULA, the mod doesn't. ARMA's EULA says nothing of these Dayz "rules".

Not arguing there are rules to follow, they just aren't in a EULA that doesn't exist....

Go to the mod download directory, download the mod files and please link the EULA.......

There is no EULA for DayZ.

ArmA 2 and Battleye has one. The only hacking/cheating scenario which you should report on the Day Z forum is one where you have clear video or picture proof of cheating taking place, not heresay. At that point, its up to the staff to decide whether or not to grant them a database ban.

Day Z staff does not enforce battleye bans "global bans" and what you accuse them of here, is not against any rules in arma 2, so a battleye global ban wont happen.

Interesting. There are only two admins on this server. The evening you are referring to was the evening uk125 changed to 1.7.2.4 and the 95389 build. Indeed there were several restarts of the server because for whatever reason the cfg files were not loaded in correctly when the server restarted post patch.

You already know the game is full of bugs, why do you not suspect the server controls have their fair share of problems?

There are three "timed" or "planned" server restarts each day on this server, on top of any restarts that are necessary for cfg changes, server/hive crashes or if tents/vehicles fail to spawn in after a server restart (regular occurence, check the forums) Dayz or arma2 (one of them anyway) has a bad memory leak in the code which means the server benefits from regular restarts to reset the memory usage stats. Our host also restarts the server from time to time with no notice. You are not alone loosing items/vehicles from these restarts, it happens to everyone... Alpha remember?

You are correct saying that the server has been restarted due to a vehicle flip (read quad bike on Podeba Dam!) because this is clearly a glitch in the arma/dayz polygons and should not happen - dont like it? Neither do we, but this is Alpha and bugs like this are in the game. I'm not aware of a time when the server was restarted for vehicles flipped due to driver error. Hopefully Rocket can fix the atvs or provide us with the ability to "push" a flipped quad back onto its wheels with the aid of two or more players.

You should also be pleased to hear that uk125 tracks server logs and will also shutdown the server manually if they suspect hacked items on the server. This happens more regularly than we would like and it affects us greatly too, which is why we take steps to control it.

As with hacking, Intentional duping is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. As someone here stated, we do have a large pool of players and as such cover a good deal of the map. We provide intel on other ppls movements, observe them and farm their gear. We do systematic sweeps of the map and discover tons of vehicle and tent stashes when we do. We regularly find good loot because we (had, i believe we had one of our bases compromised recently) have a large number of vehicles and use them night and day which allows us to find heli crash sites regularly.

Everyone is welcome on our server but please ensure you respect that large numbers of players working together tend to have a better time of things in DayZ. The mod rewards teamplay. Typically at any one time the server has at least 50% of the players present playing together with mandatory voice comms despite not wearing appropriate tags in game.

• Like 1

before any of the resets there was a message from admin saying why it was happening why havent you copyed them and posted here so everyone could see.Heres an example of one i seen "Server reset in 5 mins no tents or vechiles on server.get safe and log out.We will be right back."

P.S

R.I.P

server uk125 was fun playing on you while you where running.

I've been playing on UK 125 for about 3 weeks and have enjoyed it thoroughly. After last night however I won't be going back.

A few of my friends were in Berezino and stumbled upon 3 guys. They managed to kill 2 of them but were in a tense stand off with the third who had a sniper rifle. I was making my way over there when a message from admin popped up at the bottom left of the screen saying "John Smith is in Berezino". Fake name used to protect my innocent chum but I was on teamspeak with about 5 guys who all saw it, including the guy who they were talking about. Just after, the server reset: only an hour or so after the last one.

Give this server a wide birth fellas. Faggot admins.

Edited by Jim Bean

Sorry to rain on your parade there Jim but that wasnt an admin you heard, it was me :)

You and your mates have been visiting our server for a week or so, so we're pretty clued up who is in your group. We had contact with your mates in Berizino you killed two of us and we returned the favour by getting two of you. You and one other logged in during the fight so we knew were close by, the server died due to some random reason and when it came back up you were spotted in town by me. I stayed behind to guard my mates body but he spawned down near Balota, while waiting I watched you looking to loot back the guy we killed in town.

So before you start bitching about 'faggot admins' you might want to scan the horizon a little more closely next time ;)

I was going to congratulate you guys for a good fight but Im wondering if I should now....

I stopped reading at " You and one other logged in during the fight.."

I was logged in the whole time and I was miles away from the fight so the idea that you had of me being close by shows just how much you know. I can pretty much guarantee you haven't seen head nor tail of me within the weeks I've been playing, let alone tracking my movements, you massive fat curly tailed liar you.

Anybody doubting this just has to search for UK125 admin abuse on Google and watch the revenge vid from the SaW clan. The FAGGOT ADMINS on this server store all of the vehicles off the map, which I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be doing.

it was me who you was speaking to by the way.

And yes it was you or whoever i was speaking to tellin locations to your fellow members.

and dont be giving it the bull about you was scanning the horizon shite. as the server is untagged yet i can hear you on the mic saying "me" is in benzine. so either your using admin rights or maybe some kind of script that shows names? so which is it?

Nothing will be Done why are you morons writing a book ...

Go back to fucking your sister bro, nobody wants the opinion of an inbred tard.

Well you seem to be mister information, and yes we monitored you and another logging in to the server at a convieniently close time to when we had a firefight. If thats unrelated then its a monumental case of coincidence. Also your obviously not that bright as we had a scout south of Berizino and yes we did see you multiple times as you made your way north to try and loot your mates corpse.

But hey ho, blame your inadequacies on hacks rather than an organsied team who have played this game for the last two months pretty much non stop. Or better yet join the chorus of retarded idiots who dont seem to get the premise that admins cant "track" you on the server. The most they can do is view where you log in and even that isnt an exact location as far as Im aware.

But why bother trying to defend ourselves against people like yourself ? You'd much rather hide behind the "faggot admin" just like the OP of this thread. If you actually forked out some cash and hosted a server you might understand that admins have pretty much NO control other than to take the server down (which the admin has done to stop hackers).