Sign in to follow this  
jimmy163

'Save Character' Scroll wheel option

Currently I am losing many items in my inventory. At first I realised I was logging out too fast after collecting something however recently I have waited 10 minutes between logging out after picking up something and it is no longer there on my next login.

I ran for 15mins to find a tent and got one. Ran back another 15mins and waited a further 10 after that. Logged out.

Logged back in and it was no longer in my inventory.

Would it be possible for the time being to include a 'save character' option that forces the hive to save your current loadout. At the moment I'm not sure if my latest finds are going to be with me on my next login.

• Like 2

This would be nice, but easily abused. If you force save to the Hive with your current stuff, drop an item to someone, and the server is reset... you'd have your stuff saved unless the Hive had just then saved you, and you'd have duped an item.

This would be nice, but easily abused. If you force save to the Hive with your current stuff, drop an item to someone, and the server is reset... you'd have your stuff saved unless the Hive had just then saved you, and you'd have duped an item.

Maybe not able to drop something for 10 minutes after saving?

Maybe not able to drop something for 10 minutes after saving?

Then you could get into some annoying situations, such as running out of ammo and needing to switch to a hatchet to finish off the last few infected, while unable to fit your gun in your pack or drop it. I think an improvement to the Hive is needed much more than a manual save option. I'm all for fixing item losses due to the database, but I don't think it should be done this way.

What I really dont understand is why there is no saving when you exit the game properly. From what I experienced the game saves every few minutes to the hives and if you exit after collecting something and prior to the save you loose it?

So why not just force a save when leave the game properly? Would solve all issues.

At the moment this can also be used as an exploit, after lossing ALL my ammo for my M16 yesterday to this I tried if it can be abused and practiced my aim with my cz550 and wasted two magazines. I locked out and when I came back they were all still there. I will not use this for my own advantage but some people could.

Edited by okami