Sign in to follow this  
Sminky

Is it jsut me or has Day Z suddenly become much prity & insane

since the new patch (7.4), the textures all now seem very nice and high res with a great draw distance and clarity, a huge improvment which is great.

But have the infected become 'insane' again. Seems suddenly 30 or 40 can jsut apear on your tail out of nowhere, i've had them run from a town 400m away to my point on the outskirts when i've been hid behind a tree.

I actually died in a stand off, when i enraged a group ducked into a building for cover, figured i'd be fine with my aks and m1911, i eventually died after 50 zombies spawnd and jsut kept multiplying, before the where no walls, jsut zombies.. That was kinda fun, and very 'zombie movie', however i did nearly nothing to provoke that many, and they jsut kept spawning and comming.

Like i say it was fun, doing it now with no weapons though is suicide.

Also have the deer stands stopped spawning loot?

Ta

now of that only worked for wall paper, guesing that vid was taken before the patch as soo few z's

i have your same experience every patch from 1.7.2....infected coming in until i shoot my last bullet

Zombie aggro definitely seems off, as well as zombie respawning too close and too fast. Before I could get away with crouching around a town when looting, whereas now it's, lay down or get eaten. Our team managed to kill off a helicopter crash site, and literally as we started to loot, another 8-10 zombies started popping up around us, we had to bail fast! Was pretty scary :P

Same thing happened to me man, me and my friend shot a zombie, then ran into a house with only one exit (dumb I know) and then about 30-40 zombies cam running in, managed to fight them off but lost all my ammo etc.

Zombie aggro definitely seems off, as well as zombie respawning too close and too fast. Before I could get away with crouching around a town when looting, whereas now it's, lay down or get eaten. Our team managed to kill off a helicopter crash site, and literally as we started to loot, another 8-10 zombies started popping up around us, we had to bail fast! Was pretty scary :P

That happened to me as well, lost my M249 because of it :(

Yup me and a friend were watching a couple of zed about 25yds out ...he shot one and i the other, within about 2 seconds 3 more zeds spawned in at about 10 yrds and all were aggro...wth?

The aggro is horrible and coupled with the spawnrate of the zeds it's - Huh! Yes, its just insane!

hopefully it will be hotfixed in 7.5 then, right now starting as a new charcter is nigh on impossible unless you wantto cheat and server hop.

hopefully it will be hotfixed in 7.5 then, right now starting as a new charcter is nigh on impossible unless you wantto cheat and server hop.

I've died three times running and gunning in Cherno today.

Each time I have been geared enough to go North in less than 15 minutes. Can we stop making excuses for... whatever it is that you're doing wrong.

The aggro is hilariously bad right now. I saw a zombie come at me and my buddy from like a KM away across a long and open field.

this happened to me, i shot one zombie outside a barn hole, next thing i know 15 came wandering through the door, and there were not 15 even close to me, plus it was with a Winchester that didnt make much noise

I was driving around Polana yesterday with two of my clan mates, we were geared with 2 M14 AIMs and an M4 sd.

We stopped in Polana to fuel which aggroed a few Zs, as soon as I shot the M14 I seen the whole town running towards us(15-20 Zs), we had to jump in the van and drive around for a bit before coming back to re-fuel once again.

Was pretty fun, I like the new aggro system its much more realistic, but it must be horrible for people with low ammo or crappy guns

or no wepons at all, games nigh on imposible right now starting afresh. Weird your getting fog, i have near infinate draw distance, and it's all nice and sharp now (running 4gb ram, 460gtx, i5 2500)

me too, i posted this a few days ago, ive only been playing for a week but since 124 zomies are literally being aggroed from over hills and far far away. it is pretty ridiculous. not to mention pistols now take about 5 shots to kill just 1. its totally unbalanced atm unfortunately.

The aggro is hilariously bad right now. I saw a zombie come at me and my buddy from like a KM away across a long and open field.

this is how i lost my character when i first logged in after 1.24 update.

some zombies miles away on the other side of the field, i lay down and alt tab out for a second and when i come back 10 seconds later im dead.

and i just logged in again trying to start a new character. i really dont think ill bother though, its an exercise in futility. the only way to approach a town or village for a new player is to crawl from about 50 meters away and then try and crawl around the village, but really if you do this you will die of dehydration so its really pretty impossible.

Edited by tfninja