Sign in to follow this  
Crios

There is still hope!

I know there are a lot of new, and even some experienced players who doubt the community of this game because of the bandits they have come across, the assholes that have back-stabbed them, the shoot on sight die-hards, and the general feeling of loneliness that one can get playing this game avoiding every player out of fear.

I wanted to make a post showing that even in the days of no global chat, in the days of hackers EVRYWHAR, the days lacking bandit skins, there are still people dedicated to being kind to ALL players and helping out the new guys.

In fact, I am in a group of about 15 that is 100% dedicated to helping people. We search through areas like Elektro and Cherno, with complex squad tactics ensuring the safety of the group, and we look through the cities for players.

We ask, "Are you friendly?" If they reply yes, if they show signs of surrender or non-hostility, if they type back, or even if they just ignore us, then we attempt to A bring them along with us B give them food/medical supplies.and tools and C if they are trusted enough and want to join us, we arm them! We also protect them from bandits.

We are in fact bandit killers. Just today we saved around 4 lives and saved multiple people. The first we saved at the Balota airfield. He was armed and ran into the control tower, bleeding. He ran in screaming "FRIENDLY HELP PLEASE" Instead of being a bandit or douche, I picked the zombies off him, bandaged him, gave him a blood transfusion, and looted the place with him. We even swapped skype/steam info.

A sniper then opened fire at us while we were on top of the control tower. I told him to get down and stay down, hug the wall, and that my group would take care of it. Within seconds my team eliminated the sniper. I told him he could get up, and he asked if he could search the corpse. We took him to the corpse, letting my group know the old man with the beard is friendly, he looted the well equipped bandit, and he logged in the woods. It felt great.

We also killed a group of 4 bandits in the Cherno fire station who were firing on 3 innocents in the supermarket. We gave them a chance to come out with their weapons dropped, but they decided not to. We smoked up the fire station, charged in, and dispensed with 3 of them with a grenade. The last one was sniped, trying to escape up the tower so he could alt+f4.

All in all...we felt like heroes. We provided people with weapons, ammo, food, medicine...but most of all...I feel we restored some trust to the players of Dayz. And that makes me proud. I am glad to be a part of a group that works to keep a feeling of kinsmanship alive among survivors.

As for the bandits....See you soon.

• Like 6

Even with your help bandits will remain. But its a part of the game and the only way to deal with them is:

1)avoid them, stay low profile

2)hunt them down

3)be a bandit and group together

overall nice to see others help and defend the people of dayz

• Like 2

We go across multiple servers. If you are in this thread in 16 hours, I will gladly tell you which server. We scout again at 10 pm today.

THis sound like a "squad" i'll would like to join. But my lack of speaking english will sure be a problem i tactic communications.

With that said i hope i will came across your ways and exchange a few words and maybe equipment.

One question tough, do you only scout in the south part of the map?

THis sound like a "squad" i'll would like to join. But my lack of speaking english will sure be a problem i tactic communications.

With that said i hope i will came across your ways and exchange a few words and maybe equipment.

One question tough, do you only scout in the south part of the map?

No, we scout all over, but mainly in the south. There are times when we need to resupply on heave weps & ammo for our MG guys and our assault squads. We usually just hit up stary and NW airfield, but we also go to some northern towns.

If you give me your skype, steam, or if you get mumble, I can start to bring you into the group. We would just need to make sure you wont do anything like steal our items or kill us... safety first.

Its nice what people do here, but for me I do whatever is fun for me right now. And right now being a bandit is fun

Well I hope we don't run into you Tigger, and I hope you get bored of that soon and decide to do something with a little more depth, but to each his own.

Excellent work Crios, you should consider joining the Regulators - we're a loose organisation of players dedicated to assisting and protecting new spawns and players in trouble, and to providing some healthier competition to bandits operating along the coast. We could make use of your team's skill set and provide you with the opportunity to liaise with like minded players. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42919-law-to-lawless-lands/page__hl__regulators

No, we scout all over, but mainly in the south. There are times when we need to resupply on heave weps & ammo for our MG guys and our assault squads. We usually just hit up stary and NW airfield, but we also go to some northern towns.

If you give me your skype, steam, or if you get mumble, I can start to bring you into the group. We would just need to make sure you wont do anything like steal our items or kill us... safety first.

Like I said im not that good at speaking english, but i PM you my Steam info and maybe thatway i will come in to your mumble channel(if you had anyone?) to chat.

My position on the map is West of Vybor with Gillie, L85, MP5SD and alice-pack, If we play later today i hope i can be some resource for the group.

• Like 1

People are free to do whatever they want with the game. You want to hunt bandits, that's fine. Some people want to chase other guys, wreck entire camps, ambush groups, etc., and that's what makes this game so much fun. If everyone was friendly to each other, no one would shoot another person, rendering the game to a Happy Ville with some dumb AI Zombies.

What makes this game fun is that you're always paranoid about other players watching/following you. So be glad that some people are bandits and other people are friendly. I am both of those. Sometimes I help people, other times I'll kill whoever I want.

I always smile when I see posts like this, It's great to see that there is actually helpful players. While this is a sandbox game and there is choice, It's nice to know not everyone chooses to just shoot and kill for profit. It makes the game just that much better.

People are free to do whatever they want with the game. You want to hunt bandits, that's fine. Some people want to chase other guys, wreck entire camps, ambush groups, etc., and that's what makes this game so much fun. If everyone was friendly to each other, no one would shoot another person, rendering the game to a Happy Ville with some dumb AI Zombies.

What makes this game fun is that you're always paranoid about other players watching/following you. So be glad that some people are bandits and other people are friendly. I am both of those. Sometimes I help people, other times I'll kill whoever I want.

I realize all of this. Unfortunately, I don't think any one person on this forum could make a strong argument that the scales aren't tipped drastically in favor of shoot on sight and bandit players.

Our group doesn't want to make the game a big friendly world with everybody doing what WE think they should do, never shooting anybody. I, and the group I am in, understand this is a sandbox game. We play by our own set of rules and morals though, and the impact they have on the community actually makes me really proud and happy. I guess I just feel that more than helping people in a game where it takes 10 minutes to get a lot of your essential stuff back, we are slowly tilting the scale so that not EVERYBODY is so scared of every other player. All the time....without exception. (AKA Cherno/Elektro/the entire world)

Thanks for the support guys!

sweet story. good job man. I, personally, would have tried to avoid your team if I were alone, but if I were with my team the competition would be fun. Consider me a bandit.