Sign in to follow this  
Bearhunter

Bug or Feature? Backpack-Problem

As I wander around, killing Zombie and getting killed by Bandits, I stumble across many beautifull Backpack: Alice, Czech and so on. But I am still wearing my old, battered Coyote Pouch because I am not able to put on a new backpack.

So far I tried: empty the Alice Backpack and my old Coyote Pouch, lay everything in a heap onto the ground, get rid of my coyote Pouch (throwing in to the ground as well) - but still i can just open the Alice Backpack in the gear menu. But I can't put it on. Even leaving the Building and coming back a few minutes later does not help.

Once (!) I was was able to put my Coyote Pouch back on - but I was never able to duplicate that process (I was hacking frustrated onto my keyboard at that time).

Any Ideas?

And to all the Bandits out there: I am juicier with a big Backpack - so help me getting that damn thing! :)

greetings,

Bearhunter

Did u try focusing the bagpack you want and then scroll down the wheelmouse ?

a menu should appear with the option "take the bagpack"

If the new pack is alone on the ground, you can open and pick it up using the mouse wheel.

If its in a loot pile th conventional wisdom is you have to pick up all of the other loot, first, then do as above.

Switch servers :) I had this problem when i found an alice pack and no matter what i tried it wouldn't let me pick it up, Changed servers and found another that i could pick up.

I've also had hospital windows i couldn't break to enter but again switching servers worked.

It's just one of them things :) Some servers play nice and others don't

If the new pack is alone on the ground, you can open and pick it up using the mouse wheel.

If its in a loot pile th conventional wisdom is you have to pick up all of the other loot, first, then do as above.

Follow this. The loot by the bag stops you from interacting with it, until you remove what is beside the bag.