Magic_Burnett

How to give some food or drink to a friend ?

Hi !

Im pretty new to the game , i love it.

But im playing with a friend since yesterday and i couldnt find how to give a drink or some food to my friend , if i drop it from the inventory it gets lost so i would appreciate some light here. :)

Another problem i have is that i can't CHAT , i press "/" , try every canals , on many serveurs but no space to chat , just nothing.

Can u guyz give me a hand ?

Sorry for my poor english .

You can also drop it on the ground but make sure its flat ground and decent visibility, so your friend can pick it up

Edited by Baltsar

Open your friends backpack, then click the left arrow on the item you want to transfer.

By the way: You open his backpack by looking at him and selecting "Open packpack" (or something similar) with your mousewheel.

On my keyboard it's "," and "." to change channel and "-" to chat. I'm using the german keyboard-layout.

Hi,

if you want to give your friend items (food, water, etc.) you can drop them to the ground and he/she can pick them up (use a plain place without too many grass for easier finding; sometimes the items may disappear due to bugs, but in my experience this is very rare).

Another possibility is to put the stuff in the backpack of your mate. Just look at your friends character, use the scroll wheel and click on the option "open [type of backpack]. Then you can give all the items you want, as long as there is free space in the backpack (or just take anything yuo want ;) ).

Last way I can think of to trade items is using a tent/vehicle/dropped backpack/crate.

To your chat problem:

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/A_Beginners_Guide#The_Controls

Why there should be no chat-line... I don't know.

Hope I could help.

the thing is i can activate the different channels but there should be a rectangle with a empty space to type right ?

i just have nuthing once i chose the channel :/

Edited by Magic_Burnett

Hi !

Im pretty new to the game , i love it.

But im playing with a friend since yesterday and i couldnt find how to give a drink or some food to my friend , if i drop it from the inventory it gets lost so i would appreciate some light here. :)

Another problem i have is that i can't CHAT , i press "/" , try every canals , on many serveurs but no space to chat , just nothing.

Can u guyz give me a hand ?

Sorry for my poor english .

Yeah, as stated few times here, you can put it in your friends backbag, or you can put the food in your own bag and ask your friend to take it from there. Either way works fine. Dropping on to the ground would work fine, but they do disappear sometimes when you drop something on ground