Bladez 0f Fury

The "Official" FIX on trust in DayZ

No, this gives YOU choice. It doesn't give me anything. I join your group or you kill me? Either I kill you first because I don't want to be in your group, or... wow really no other choice. I don't know you. I don't know if you're retarded or not. I don't know how many zombies are a little further behind chasing you. I don't want anything to do with you. But If I simply tell you no thanks, now everyone assumes I'm going on a murderous rampage?

Sounds like you got butthurt over nothing. Obviously saying I hear you and see you join the group or I will hunt you down. He could have just killed you so yes you DO have a choice. You can run, you can fight or you can join. You must be the "retarded" one.

No, bullets, grenades, cans to the head and all that not damaging you isn't fixing trust, it's making it PvE.

Only on recruit and regular servers, which are a joke anyway. Shouldn't have name tags and your location on the map shouldn't be divulged to yourself, kinda defeats the purpose of a GPS.

I do wish there was a way for you to tell at a glance who your friend is. IRL you know your friend's faces (or should, at least). If you really know your friend, you would probably know their body outline, their posture, and (depending on your experiences with your friend) how they move in a combat situation. Letting you tag friends would be a great addition.

This is probably the best way to fix trust on DayZ using THE GAME ENGINE.

I don't think this really fixes much other than you and your friends inability to communicate. I don't think friendly fire should be turned off. It takes away from the immersion. You don't have to worry about communicating and shooting your friends, so you just shoot anyone on sight because it doesn't matter.

Edited by Kizoja

Direct chat is IMHO the only thing which should be used (since using Skype or TS is almost a legal cheat).

LOL That's hilarious. And who uses Skype? TS or Vent. If you think it's cheating then cry me a river while we use it to our advantage. And trust me when I say it's only marginally better when you have friends with itchy trigger fingers and zig zagging zombies who go after someone other than the person who aggroed them lol

Groups would be sweet. Radios, w/e. We will still use Vent. Plus we like screaming at people in game and freaking them out. Like the guy sitting on the clock tower in Cherno who kept asking if I was friendly and I just told him I was Casper the friendly ghost when he said he couldn't see me. Too bad he was dumb and tried to shoot me on the ladder and fell off the clock tower.

Its not going to work, DayZ is all about realism. The other day my group encountered an enemy at night time. My friend got extremely nervous so he ended up shooting me when i was running towards him. His nerves got to him. Thats how it should be, this is not Battlefield 3.

I think a fun thing about dayz is that you can't trust anyone and it's up to you to gain it.