Sign in to follow this  
arx

Fishing in Arma 3 Dayz

Arma 3 has underwater environment + fish. How hard could it be to add in a rod to dangle over the side? The fish attract to the line, get one, cook, eat. another way to eat, done

golden

sounds okay, but lets see how hard it is to find and hunt animals first (or lets let the game be released at all first) to see if it should be that easy, I would suppose you could use normal beans and such as bait.

sounds okay, but lets see how hard it is to find and hunt animals first (or lets let the game be released at all first) to see if it should be that easy, I would suppose you could use normal beans and such as bait.

WHAT A WASTE OF BEANS!

Medic

Lives Saved: 5 Lives lost: 0

Screenshots/videos or it didnt happen

or i could not waste my time, i'm white listed and that's all that matters and when you need help and i am in the area, we will see who wants screenshots or video's before being saved.

I can already see snipers who are camping the snipers who camp the best fishing spots...

• Like 1

I can already see snipers who are camping the snipers who camp the best fishing spots...

ya but they would have to be careful for the snipers who camp the snipers who are camping the snipers who camp the best fishing spots.

• Like 1

I can already see snipers who are camping the snipers who are camping the snipers who are.... Oh look I've gone bosseyed....

SO MANY SNIPERS WHICH ONES DO WE SNIPE?!?

it's fishing, fishing, gotta get down with fishing.

I think this would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how many lakes there are offhand, so that might need added or maybe a long stream or something.

Maybe with a spear-gun, or regular gun underwater?

I do underwater photography for a hunting/fishing mag, and you'd be surprised by how close fish let you get in real life...they don't tend to get spooked when you're in their element.

As long as there are no specific fishing spots that can be camped, not a horrible idea.

And as long as it doesn't lead to herbalism, mining, engineering, etc, etc.

Well they could use the dams which are present right now and perhaps for sea fishing you have to be out at sea and dangling from a boat. we need rowing boats to go fishing in. more environment stuffs!

possible to use player flesh as bait?

the idea is good, i like it but.

before you post some ideas you have to think about hackers! what will hackers do when fishing becomes part of the game. And i tell you what will happen..

They start to nuke the fish, every single fish dies, even the sniper who is camping the sniper who camps the man fishing will die! but then one fish will survive! mutating into something known as godzilla! attacking first the sniper who was camping the sniper who earlier was thinking about sniping the sniper who a bit earlier intended to snipe the man fishing!

Godzilla then will go and kill the whole server, eating everybody, build a nest, lay eggs, little babygodzillas start serverhopping and do the same like mothergodzilla! In the end the hive will be eaten forcing Rocket to blow up dayz!

so pls! don´t make fishing part of the game!

Edited by Rudson

Oh c'mon guys!

We don't even have the first version of DayZ on Arma 3 and you're suggesting already here? Goddamn.