Sign in to follow this  
mizzy (DayZ)

Fallen Into a Building... :(

Date/Time:

Date: 29/07/2012

Time: Around 10:30 - 10:50

What happened:

While climbing down a ladder at the school in Vybor, I was kicked from the server due to High ping, upon my connection back to another server, I was placed in the room directly below the ladder, on the ground floor, although, the room is one that is not enter-able normally, so I am stuck in a room that can't be opened.

Earlier today: 30/07/2012 at about 5:30 - 6:00, I attempted to "dive" out the invisible walls I am surrounded by, and while attempting, my leg broke (which had not happened previously when I had tried to get out of them room)

The room I am stuck in is on the ground level, next to the cement staircase that leads to the second floor (around the middle of the building)

Where you were:

Vybor, at the School.

What you were doing:

Climbing down the ladder to the very top of the building.

*Current installed version:

Beta: 95389

*Server(s) you were on:

US217

CA24

NZ (something)

Due to the issue happening, I connected to a lot of servers to try and get out of the room :(

*Your system specs:

Not relevant.

*Timeline of events before/after error:

After: I was running trying to get out of the "invisible room," my leg broke :(

Ill see if I can get someone to help.

Thanks, mate.

If needed, I can provide my user ID.

Again, thanks for trying to help me out of that building last night.

Im going to jump into this thread aswell if thats alright.

Date/Time: 01 / 08 / 12 15:55

What happened: Reconnected in a residential building and fell through it, im currently stuck in a small space where i cant even grenade my way out.

Where you were: Outskirts of cherno near the industial area with the flats.

What you were doing: Reconnecting then wanting to leave the building.

*Current installed version: v1.7.2.4

*Server(s) you were on: UK 204 UK 6

*Your system specs: Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz / RAM: 8.00GB / 64bit Windows 7

*Timeline of events before/after error: Searching for loot and then get kicked out due to ping (very annoying btw) recconect and I fall through the floor.

If its possible a TP just out of the building would be epic.

EDIT: Nvm I cant be arsed, just gona wait until i die of hunger, seriously though, Its bloody annoying having to constantly restart with just a torch due to crippling bugs and server mods that can only kick/ban (which is less than the hackers btw).

Edited by TomZ

Happened to me also

Reconnected to sever, fell into area below apartment and got stuck

Current Installed Version: v1.7.2.4

Server: US 1169

move me please :(

Same thing happened to me today. Logged off in Elektro in building across from supermarket.. Logged back in and I was in a room with no exit. Tried running at wall and diving prone...nope. Been rolling for a hour now tryng to starve to death but it is a bit silly. If I could be moved that would be appeciated.

Player name Koarn

Server 1931

Player I.D. ? not sure how to find it

NVM got a zombie to clip through wall and eat me.. =(

Edited by Koarn

same for me but am in the water leg broke with all the food water temperature blood flashing for 2 hour cant die

Date/Time:2012/08/06

What happened:fell in water after having leg broke in electro

Where you were:electro i beleive (from my brother)

What you were doing:climming ladder and jump down

player name : jp

player id: 65405318

can you just delete/kill/emolate my toon so i can enjoy the game :) ty

i log on an other server and my toon die finaly

Edited by belasius

I think my problem is similar. I am near the factory with the lake near the east coast. I was walking around the lake and my character entered a loop of permanently falling into the lake and back out. I cant walk out of it, i can only look up or down! Tried different servers etc but no-go.

Can I be moved from this position? it was the first time I managed to scrape up the stuff needed to survive in the wild….

any help suggestions will be appreciated, I think this game is the future, I bought arma 2 just to play it

Hi guys,

same accident happenned to me yesterday, I was pushed through the wall by Z in a small house and got stuck in there. My teammates tried anything (smoke&frag&M203 grenades), but nothing helped. We haven't found satchel yet, so no chance to try it that way. I was 2-3 minutes ahead commiting a suicide with a frag grenade, saying good bye to my gear, but I got finally luckily out, now tell you how:

Before that I went through forums and picked up these tips for escaping a building prison:)

1/ Running into prone by walls

2/ Trying to vault the walls (V key)

3/ Moving to side (keys W+D or A) in several body position

4/ Backproning or rolling

5/ Turn around while crouching in the corner of room

6/ Not tried> Getting hit by zombies (able to hit through walls), going unconscious and friend of yours can drag you out of there

But no luck with these...

Suddenly, some troll has joined our mumble channel singing some gay song, so I alt-tabed (alt+esc) to mute him,

got back in game and wonder what...I was outside that dammned building. What a joy I haven't lost a week old character and all that stuff.

So try to alttab (alt+F4, but not working for me) while running/walking in to the wall (better the walls, that lets you go little further them, but then it push you back (hope you understand:)

Prey it will help someone, cuz I know how frustrating this can be, when you are alphaed:)

WARNING: I read posts by guys that alttabed in wrong place and were instantly killed... But when you are stuck and there's no other option, try it out to save your character.

CU in Chernorus

and sorry for my english grammar imprecision.)

Edited by JayJay

try joing a 1.4 server and getting stuck loading.. this generally results in your character being respawned on the coast when you close the game and rejoin a 1.7.5 server.

Just something else to try.

Hope it helps

I disconnected inside a house, reconnected later and was now under the house (inside the foundation). I can't get out and the "respawn" button is greyed out. I'm stuck no matter what server I'm on (no big surprise there) and as it is I have NO WAY of dying/respawning/moving. Please move me or kill me!!!

Happened to me too. Server crashed when I was in an "industrial barn"(the one where there is metal staircase to the upper ledge and on the opposite end of the staircase, there is a room on the second floor) Once I came back, my screen was just grey, I guess I was inside the wall or something. I could move(I heard my steps on the metal plane)

I'm not sure how I got out, but it might have been because I pressed tab. I fell in the stairs somehow and broke my leg too at the same time though.

Here are some screen shots.

http://i.imgur.com/EFqW8ck.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/s2Cpmrn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fdkQDLF.jpg

Alright, there is actually a fix for this specific hospital. What you need to do is literally sprint into the door a few times and you'll eventually go through the door.