Sign in to follow this  
Cyborg Ninja

Why does connecting take soooooo long

Its unbelievable how long it takes until youre finally playing. Ive got a super fast computer and loading times are no issue for me, but here it takes forever. Why does it take this long? Does arma 2 have these long loading times?

Are you sure you're joining servers with green ping and close to where you live?

Otherwise, it's just the server being sluggish.

If you'd like I can give you a short list of servers I've found that load fast(for me at least).

Always favorite a good server.

• Like 1

Are you sure you're joining servers with green ping and close to where you live?

Otherwise, it's just the server being sluggish.

If you'd like I can give you a short list of servers I've found that load fast(for me at least).

Always favorite a good server.

I'd like that list if you wouldn't mind :D

Basically you have two different kinds of servers in this game. Decent ones and ones hosted on a 486 DX in someone's bedroom. :D

Unfortunately its hard to tell which is which. A good but not foolproof indicator is who the servers is sponsored by if its a company, such as PCGamer in the UK it's probably a decent server that will load quickly. If it's hosted by L33t $Ki11S or some other player name, its probably going to be slow.

These are not hard and fast rules as some player hosted servers are really good and the hosters have spent a lot of money providing a decent service to the community fro free. Unfortunately they are not all like that. :(

Also eve the best server will take an age to log you in after it's just been restarted and everyone is trying to get back in.

Also Also, at busy times the Hive (The Servers run by Rocket the mod developer, where your Character data is stored) can be under heavy stress and may take longer to provide the server you are connecting with, with you character data and this can increase your load times a lot!

Basically this is an Alpha, sometimes you will log in quickly, sometime it can take 10 minuets or more and all of the above will factor into how long it takes. :P

Edited by Talon2000uk
  • Like 1

I'd like that list if you wouldn't mind :D

So try these out:

US 665

US 1436

LU195

Seattle 37

If you don't live in the U.S., you might have some trouble connecting to these though. >.<

Edited by Haizakokaru

Do me a favor and filter by my name, if you can join these quickly it's the server you are playing on that causes it.