Sign in to follow this  
robotpenguin

Do people rather go by themselves than team up?

I'm a newbie to Day Z,(that's right bandits, just for you!) and I only interacted with 3 survivors through my survivial.

The first time I was drifting by and I see this poor guy running from 3 zombies, I saw he had a rifle and a pistol, but he was running. So, I thought he was out of ammo, and with hatchet in hand, I take his pursuers and chop em up. He runs up to me, supposedly relieved and just types, "ty" and then just books it out of there. I was surprised since he didn't ask for ammo, supplies, or even to team up to increase his chances of surviving, but I just brushed it off and went on my merry way.

Same server, like half an hour later I find myself in a barn, hoping to look for some supplies, and then suddenly I hear zombie growls and some gunshots. I heard gunshots beforehand, but I thought it was some poor sap getting sniped by scumbag bandits, but then it turns out to be the same guys. We 3 had mics, I hear them calling my character name "Maaattheww"

I sit in the upper corner of the barn, holding my axe for dear life, but I act indifferent for them to not show weakness and say,

"If you're gonna kill me, make it fast."

But to my surprise, they say "No we're shooting the zombies chasing us" and they kill them.

Still cowering in my corner, I ask them want they want, they ask for some painkillers. Like the good Samaritan I am, I give them the one I spawned with. They give their thanks, and just wish me luck. I was thinking they could use some extra help and I offer my help, but they politely decline me and leave. I just thought 3 men of the apocalypse could do some damage, but they thought an army of two was enough for them, and I respect that and that left me wondering, do you guys rather be lone wolves instead of banding together?

Sorry if this makes me look egotistic in any way. :blush:

"Safety in numbers" doesn't actually apply to Day Z. New additions to a small group can create confusion, whether its when looting or shooting. These new players may also intend to steal the other players loot, rather than continuing a journey with them. Rather than looking for players while in-game, try to find a small community to fit into.

I prefer my group.

We can hoard all the vehicles and the helicopter safely in 2 different locations. Find 10 of our cars in one place? That's ok we have 8 more on the other side of map to use in the search for them :P

We haven't had to actually scavenge in weeks because we have some nice stockpiles of ammo and guns in tents. Although I'm loving the heli! Shooting noobs in Elektro all day :D Got a ground force for extra support and it's just a massacre lol.

Groups are great.

I prefer my group.

We can hoard all the vehicles and the helicopter safely in 2 different locations. Find 10 of our cars in one place? That's ok we have 8 more on the other side of map to use in the search for them :P

We haven't had to actually scavenge in weeks because we have some nice stockpiles of ammo and guns in tents. Although I'm loving the heli! Shooting noobs in Elektro all day :D Got a ground force for extra support and it's just a massacre lol.

Groups are great.

So youre one of those bastards that keeps all the cars for himself

I've had an experience where I met up with a guy in a barn, we went on for a while together, looking through towns trying to survive, and scrounge supplies. Unlike most people this guy didn't shoot me in the back, I went hey I gotta eat dinner, good luck, and off he went. We went our separate ways without killing each other, by that time we were both well equipped with lower tier gear. However I think most people prefer the lone wolf kind of playstyle because you dont have to worry about anyone back stabbing you along with the fact that all the loot you find is for you.

I think with everyone adopting the KoS policy lately, lone wolf is the way to go IMHO, I'm no pro but being alone has worked better for me.

I prefer playing in groups, we have 3 spotters, and one looter, sometimes 2 looters. and if you want vehicle it is better to be a group^^

If you want to find friendly, make sure your direct voice works.

To answer your question: people rather go alone than team up with strangers, but most still prefer teamplay to going solo.

Me, I'm a loner when none of my friends are playing but I also prefer to team up with them everytime they are. Being able to split reponsibilities like keeping watch and looting is immensely useful.

I prefer to team up with others but someimtes its just better going it alone. Mistakes are yours then and not someone else who gets you killed. The loot is all mine though i share evenly if with others.

The trouble is finding people who want to team up for the game and not team up to hunt noobs. So if anyone wants to team up let me know through PM or whatever for some real RPG style gaming, I play mostly on the English Servers or French, German ones.