Sign in to follow this  
giiwedin@live.com

Idea my Girl had for Cars\Trucks

Not going to lie.. she had me thinking after she had mentioned this. Sitting there smoking and she say's to me, " why don't they make it so you can take the keys out of the truck\car you have or found? " not going to lie I think its kinda a good idea, basically would stop people from stealing cars lol or I suppose if you made it so you needed a toolbox to hotwire it, :P what do you guys think?

• Like 6

Good idea bro, +1

Nah, it would go like this. Find car, no keys, empty clip into car fueltank, move on.

• Like 2

key's should also probably be kept on your tool belt when they are removed from said vehicle, not to take up any space in your inventory.

• Like 1

Ever thought of someone 'hotwiring' a car?

If that is the case, then what if you found a car, that spawned and you need to fix, but you did not have the 'key' to the car?

Edited by zenatsu
  • Like 1

Nah, it would go like this. Find car, no keys, empty clip into car fueltank, move on.

O well, lose of ammo for the person whom gets butt hurt that they don't have the keys. Also I had said that you should be able to use your tool box to hot wire..

Ever thought of someone 'hotwiring' a car?

If that is the case, then what if you found a car, that spawned and you need to fix, but you did not have the 'key' to the car?

lol tool box bro? :) since the tool box is used for everything else :\

Edited by G i i w e d i n

It's kind of already difficult enough just to find a car in decent shape. Adding keys will just make it even more difficult.

Then, of course, people will just trash your car once they figure out they can't start it up.

• Like 1

It's kind of already difficult enough just to find a car in decent shape. Adding keys will just make it even more difficult.

Then, of course, people will just trash your car once they figure out they can't start it up.

true, but like I also had said you could still use a tool box if you had one to hot wire said vehicle, with that being stated you could still start it..

So this is what happens when I would find your car with the keys out.

-Pick up rock from the ground

-Rock through window

-knife into ignition

-turn untill car starts

VOILA!

It doesnt take much to start old cars like the ones in the game. So go ahead and take your keys out, It'll be stolen anyways.

• Like 2

So this is what happens when I would find your car with the keys out.

-Pick up rock from the ground

-Rock through window

-knife into ignition

-turn untill car starts

VOILA!

It doesnt take much to start old cars like the ones in the game. So go ahead and take your keys out, It'll be stolen anyways.

Right on man.

Hotwiring a car isn't difficult

1. Take off the cover under the wheel.

2. Strip the two red wires(can do with a knife) and twist them together.

3. Take the brown wire, and touch it briefly with the coupled red wires.

4. ???

5. Profit

You could also hotwire it by running power from the battery to the coils and using something metal to link both ends of the starter solenoid together.

Or(if you have a toolbox) you could just drill through the locking mechanism altogether and use a screwdriver to turn the ignition like a regular key would

EDIT: Nobody use this for illegal purposes, this should only be done on your own car or with consent of the car's owner. Felt I had to say this

EDIT2: I just had an epiphany. We can fix cars/helicopters with scraps and a toolbox; therefore All Russians are mechanics, just think about it.

Edited by Badjr
  • Like 2

yep pretty good idea. then u would not have to hide your car in a far away forest just so u can take a s*** ;)

nah.. my biggest gripe is that the boot / trunk should only be accessible from the drivers seat. I would pick up more survivours, but i'm sick of having my shit stolen by them when they are in the vehicle..

Edited by Calibre

nah.. my biggest gripe is that the boot / trunk should only be accessible from the drivers seat. I would pick up more survivours, but i'm sick of having my shit stolen by them when they are in the vehicle..

probably shouldn't be picking up survivors you do not trust, just saying :\

You could have the keys idea but what a player could do is this:

If they have a toolbox on them they can make a mold of the "key" and go to a key store and get one.

Choose to hotwire it and it's one of those bomb defusal situations where there are 3 wires and you have a 33% chance of selecting the correct wire to start it up. If you are wrong you can't mold the key at that point. So if a player wants to gamble its an all in or bust move.

Yeah, lmfao, my group said the exact same thing "Why the fuck can't we just take the keys out or lock the doors?"

This thread is mostly useless. Hotwiring sovjet cars is so freakin easy, you dont even need tools for it, even the window can be pushed down without tools.

ITT: people who know shit about eastern europe

This thread is mostly useless. Hotwiring sovjet cars is so freakin easy, you dont even need tools for it, even the window can be pushed down without tools.

yay keep hating on an idea, tell me how its useless and don't gimme the BS you just typed, because that is not a good enough answer to call this " thought " useless.

also how many people here that play this game actually know like you said " ITT: people who know shit about eastern europe " besides the people whom are from there or study about the country..