Apanthropy

Questions about saving vehicles

So first off, I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to saving vehicles to keep them through server restarts and what not. Every time I have clicked Save Vehicle on the ones I've gotten (about 6 now) it has never actually saved. It's always missing after a server restart or update. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. There were a couple that could have been stolen potentially, but I've lost vehicles even within 30 minutes of logging off, the server restarting, and coming back on, on servers that had zero players on them besides me. So what am I doing wrong?

My second question is about a more specific and recent incident. I found a player camp with 2 offroad pickup trucks and 1 UAZ. Being by myself, I loaded all the things I wanted from the 2 pickups into the UAZ and left to stash it somewhere else. I had to leave for a bit, so when I found a good spot to hide it, I made sure to click Save UAZ several times before I logged out. The server restarted within the ~1 hour or so that I was gone, and when I came back, the UAZ had disappeared. I went all the way back to the 2 pickup trucks to see if they were there, and they were missing as well. Now today, the next day, when I logged back on, the UAZ is still missing, but the pickup trucks are back where I had found them, WITH all the gear that I loaded onto the UAZ the other day. So where the hell is the UAZ, why is all the gear that I put into the UAZ back in the pickup, and why can't I get my vehicles to stay put?

Edited by Apanthropy

I'd have thought they were stolen, I've lost atvs to people stealing them from seemingly good hiding spots after about 30 mins of me being away, but the saving feature is rather buggy, I've saved vehicles before and the loot in the vehicles has reset when I return.

I'd have thought they were stolen, I've lost atvs to people stealing them from seemingly good hiding spots after about 30 mins of me being away, but the saving feature is rather buggy, I've saved vehicles before and the loot in the vehicles has reset when I return.

Yeah, like I said, a few of them could have been stolen. But a lot of them were permanently missing after logging back on in situations where it was HIGHLY unlikely that anyone could have stolen them. Not to mention I've never had a single vehicle save after logging back in later on, and I doubt that every single vehicle I've ever stashed has been stolen immediately. Plus, if someone stole the UAZ that I had found and stashed elsewhere, why would all of the gear be back in the pickup in the camp that I found originally? The only situation I can think of is that after a restart, it reset the items in each vehicle for some reason, and THEN someone found it and stole it. But it was missing after only an hour, and has been gone since then.

Edited by Apanthropy