snake_eyesF

Batteries for equipment...

Ok so I've seen it in a few threads and have seen heaps of people cackling the shots over high powered gear. Here's the solution... Batteries! All found in the supermarket or residential spawns. (rare or common it doesn't Matter)

Flashlights = D batteries

Nvg = AA batteries

Gps = AA or AAA batteries

Thermal scopes = AA batteries

Watch = watch battery ( don't know the size of it sorry)

Nv scopes on guns = AA batteries

Car or any vehicle (except bicycle) car battery

Anyway you get the deal. At least people that have high end gear have to keep this in mind and makes it a little more realistic and people can stop whinning about high end gear unfair advantage...

Also kudos to the guys who thought the generator idea.... Kick ass!

Ok shred the shit out of the thread starting..... Now

• Like 1

No, pls no watch batteries, then i find 100 watchbatteries spawns to my 100 watchspawns

I like the idea of needing to power certain things and keep track of the batteries. It adds a unique need to find more items that are currently taken for granted.

Generator could be cool as well, make it make noise and have a negative side to using it as well.

Nvg = AA batteries

Thermal scopes = AA batteries

Nv scopes on guns = AA batteries

Only things I feel should require battery replacement. By making these battery operated, the strategic use of NVs would be necessary (can't have them on all the time). GPS should not require batteries as there is no way to turn the GPS off in it's current state. If this feature was added, then fine make GPS need batteries (periodic use with map/compass primary form of navigation).

Edited by danredda

Well how long will they last before they actually die? To me it would be a really cool idea to be seen in game, people would make sure they definitely have spare batteries before night hits.

Edited by midnight900

I'm just curious does anyone have any information on how long these batteries will last in any of these devices before they need to be changed. I am just curious that is all. I am trying to play NY time and as you know it's dark over here as well as the servers but cannot seem to get my flashlight to work. I am guessing maybe I have no batteries now that I read this thread, unless I am doing something else wrong.

right click flashlight in gear menu, remove from toolbelt, exit gear, left/right click until flashlight drawn, press L to turn on.

Edited by danredda

right click flashlight in gear menu, remove from toolbelt, exit gear, left/right click until flashlight drawn, press L to turn on.

Ok thanks, I also edited it at the last minute as I didn't notice it was suggestions, Thanks again it worked for me I appreciate it.

Ever heard of something called an 'alternator' ? no? most vehicles have these and they charge the battery of a vehicle in the real world so car battery's are moot points unless you could build a generator using an Engine/Scarp metal/Fuel tank parts/car battery('s) in which case would be an interesting thing to set up and have relevance to add a car battery or even allow for storing of power, but these are all mechanics that would have to be implemented but will more likely be ignored in the Alpha because of Rocket's plan to make a Standalone.

Ever heard of something called an 'alternator' ? no? most vehicles have these and they charge the battery of a vehicle in the real world so car battery's are moot points unless you could build a generator using an Engine/Scarp metal/Fuel tank parts/car battery('s) in which case would be an interesting thing to set up and have relevance to add a car battery or even allow for storing of power, but these are all mechanics that would have to be implemented but will more likely be ignored in the Alpha because of Rocket's plan to make a Standalone.

I don't follow thie post at all. Sure, alternators charge the battery, but how do you start the engine? With the power from the battery.....

Nope, bad idea. This would just make night time even worse to stand if you don't have NVGs.

Batteries would be interesting, but I think it isnt practicable to implement.

The only chance I would see is when you have just one batterie type and it would fit all devices and lasts long. For example a NVG will be powered for 4h time...

But srsly it isnt practicable forget it