Sign in to follow this  
chicken hoody

ANTI COMBAT LOG

Hey guys!

Intresting thread here.

were playing dayz at lan, were playing the hole day without dieing, but we have found a lot of survivors that we wanted to hunt or shoot down but as soon as we shot them they logged from the game, (disconnect from the server) for instance a few minutes a go; 2 ghuillie suited guys were running from the city and we were waiting for them to come out we shot a few sniper shots at them 100% sure we hit 1-2 shots but then they logged out.

Server name: US 1031

Name(s) players that we shot at: Primo, Soth

(Livestream link http://www.twitch.tv/archenergy/b/326730924 (40min till end)

OUR SUGGESTION:

Timer to log out when you hear shots or when zombies are aggroed

(2-5min)Timer, or keep an account logged in for that ammount of time.

Feel free to put your suggestions beneath!

i bet a lot of people are with me :)

2-5 mins is bullshit. I'm pretty sure they added a new feature or are adding one which makes you sit down in game for 10 seconds once you log out. 2-5 mins.. wtf....

I agree but I don't believe that 2-5 minutes is necessary.

When someone logs out they should have the option to wait the timer or immediately disconnect. Either way their character will stay in the game, killable by zombies and other players for 1 minute. That player should then not be able to reconnect to another server for 2-3 minutes to prevent them from server hopping or duplicating their character.

It's really that simple. If you want to argue about real life happening and having to leave the PC or whatever...just shut up. I leave my character prone on the ground all the time when I have RL things happening. I safe up from zombies and players before I leave. If I can do it...everybody can. If you can't...well sucks to be you. I guess you will lose all your shit. Toughen up girly boy and learn to play.

So yes...timers are needed but you need two separate ones to make them work.

2 minutes is long and fair for people abusing the disconnect, but what about people kicked from game because of ping? kicked in general? Instead of having different sets of rules, it might just be easier to have a shorter, global count down. I think 30 seconds would be a bit on the long side, but 10 seconds of a target standing still? That should be plenty to finish off a cheater, eh?

10 secs would be too less i think. Remember a situation where someone hears shots at him and hides behind some wall or tree and instantly log out. There is no chance for you to go for him in 10 secs. 30 secs would be perfect. You then really have to look where and when you can log out. Same thing in some houses. When you re followed by a dozens of zombies and you run in a house with multiple floors there is no chance for zombies to catch up to you in 10 secs.

and 30 sec wont be too much since you do not log out multiple times in an hour.

Edited by Jacy