Sign in to follow this  
dancalx

Possible admin abuse on server US198

Server Name: US198

(Your) Timezone: GMT

Date/Time: 30/7/2012 10:41am

Server Administrator('s): not sure, there was an admin present but didnt note his name down.

What happened: about 2 days ago we started playing on us198, myself and some mates. After wandering around in the wilderness for an hour or 2 we came across a large camp with multiple vehicles and many tents. When we found the camp the server went down. At first we assumed it was a crash but now whenever we connect they immedeatly shut down the server. We reconnected today upon seeing the server was live again thought we could finally go raid the camp we found. About 5 seconds into the game we were kicked and the server shut down. It came back a minute later but when we tried to connect we recieved an error messge saying we have been battle eye banned for ghosting. One of my friends hasnt even seen the camp and wasn't there when we found it the first time around and he has also recieved a ban just for connecting.

Evidence/Proof: Everytime we connect the server shuts down. The same people appear to be present in the server and we have been banned for no good reason. We figure they are only using the server as a camp server for themselves to rearm and collect vehicles and good weapons in peace.

As a side note were ot bothered about getting in and the camp anymore just thought it was very unsporting and maybe something would be done about it. Thanks in advance, Calaghan

Edited by calaghan

I can back this up.

On the same server a friend came across a camp with a lot of tents, so we started to make our way down to south to raid them. When my friend first approached the tents the server restarted, so we rejoined and this repeated two more times. Then as another friend made their way to the tents the server was shutdown.

Server Name: US 198

Timezone: GMT +10

Date/Time: 30/7/2012 roughly 9:30pm

There was an admin on going by the name JoeT

I am sorry to say that, but without any visual evidence (Videos/Pictures) you´re fighting a losing battle...

Well, Bambi. I'm pretty sure the only evidence he needs is a screenshot of his ban. Because I am 123% sure ghosting isn't a bannable offence.

Well, Bambi. I'm pretty sure the only evidence he needs is a screenshot of his ban. Because I am 123% sure ghosting isn't a bannable offence.

Might want to read the pins

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22386-admin-abuse-what-you-need-to-know/

Number 3 specifically.

You also can't be over 100% sure about something. I'm sure that was your attempt at trying to demonstrate dominance over someone you don't know, but I might as well correct fallacious math as well as fallacious logic.

I'm fairly sure that if you had been banned by an admin it wouldn't say "Battle eye banned"

Battleye is the anti-cheating software that kicks and bans automatically based on set parameters.

Which means that he was banned for violating the parameters, and not by an admin.

Might want to read the pins

http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

Number 3 specifically.

You also can't be over 100% sure about something. I'm sure that was your attempt at trying to demonstrate dominance over someone you don't know, but I might as well correct fallacious math as well as fallacious logic.

I'm fairly sure that if you had been banned by an admin it wouldn't say "Battle eye banned"

Battleye is the anti-cheating software that kicks and bans automatically based on set parameters.

Which means that he was banned for violating the parameters, and not by an admin.

Ahhh, I was hoping for this condescending response. I think a quote from Ander is need here.

"2. Negative, although this is considered an exploit it carries the risk of being applied too widely since it's very hard to police and verify we dont do this at the moment. A solution to this will probably make it in at a later time.

I have myself gotten kicked/banned on occasions when entering a server and the server admin was way too paranoid about new players joining in.

Updated 17th July: Please file a ticket to support.dayzmod.com with your evidence about people who DC to avoid death. This should preferably be accompanied by playerlogs, timestamp."

His response in this forum. http://dayzmod.com/f...-able-offenses/

Ghosting is an exploit, just like combat logging. Send your evidence to the DayZ staff and let them ban them.

And a response to "I'm fairly sure that if you had been banned by an admin it wouldn't say "Battle eye banned" I've seen someone "Battle eye banned" and the explanation for the ban was "smells."

I don't think that is an explanation battle eye would give. Also, if he was battle eye banned, it would be global.

Edited by Charlizard

Ahhh, I was hoping for this condescending response. I think a quote from Ander is need here.

"2. Negative, although this is considered an exploit it carries the risk of being applied too widely since it's very hard to police and verify we dont do this at the moment. A solution to this will probably make it in at a later time.

I have myself gotten kicked/banned on occasions when entering a server and the server admin was way too paranoid about new players joining in.

Updated 17th July: Please file a ticket to support.dayzmod.com with your evidence about people who DC to avoid death. This should preferably be accompanied by playerlogs, timestamp."

His response in this forum. http://dayzmod.com/f...-able-offenses/

Ghosting is an exploit, just like combat logging. Send your evidence to the DayZ staff and let them ban them.

And a response to "I'm fairly sure that if you had been banned by an admin it wouldn't say "Battle eye banned" I've seen someone "Battle eye banned" and the explanation for the ban was "smells."

I don't think that is an explanation battle eye would give. Also, if he was battle eye banned, it would be global.

Unless they just recently changed the ban display format. Usually it will say "You were banned"(sometimes with a reason adding "for *reason*") on the screen and not "Battle eye Banned"

Battleye also has the option of giving out temporary bans, which would be the most plausable response to someone logging off and in over and over again.

OP may want to try logging in again, as if it was a temp ban he would most likely be able to get on again.

You mistook douchery for condescension; douchery is my usual response to douchery towards those trying to help.

The common response to "this argument would be better if you had visual evidence" isn't to toss out an absurd percentage about how you're right and they're wrong. Especially when you unknowingly agree with exactly what they said in your post. "No, I'm 123% sure they don't need any kind of visual proof, they just need a picture."

Unless they just recently changed the ban display format. Usually it will say "You were banned"(sometimes with a reason adding "for *reason*") on the screen and not "Battle eye Banned"

Battleye also has the option of giving out temporary bans, which would be the most plausable response to someone logging off and in over and over again.

OP may want to try logging in again, as if it was a temp ban he would most likely be able to get on again.

You mistook douchery for condescension; douchery is my usual response to douchery towards those trying to help.

The common response to "this argument would be better if you had visual evidence" isn't to toss out an absurd percentage about how you're right and they're wrong. Especially when you unknowingly agree with exactly what they said in your post. "No, I'm 123% sure they don't need any kind of visual proof, they just need a picture."

Actually, the reason I said I'm 123% sure is because I just made a post in another forum that 95% of all numbers and statistics are pulled out of your ass.

I am sorry to say that, but without any visual evidence (Videos/Pictures) you´re fighting a losing battle...

Correct, taking a screen shot isn't hard and it backs up whatever your saying.

Don't expect anything to be done based off a post alone, sorry to be the bringer of bad news :(

Stop lying. Stay off the server dirty troll OP.

Haha, yeah im the troll. You don't happen to play on 198 do you??

Anyway just waiting for the server to come back online since its down again, what a suprise. Then ill get a screenshot of the ban and i'll get my mates to do the same.

Edited by calaghan

Haha, yeah im the troll. You don't happen to play on 198 do you??

Anyway just waiting for the server to come back online since its down again, what a suprise. Then ill get a screenshot of the ban and i'll get my mates to do the same.

Ignore him, he likes to try and get attention. Also has been on about 3 different server reports claiming to be an admin, calling the OP a dirty troll.

if admins ban you, its enforced by battleeye

same as games used to enforce bans via punkbuster.

just happened to me yesterday on some chopper-hugging-clanserver.

got banned by battleeye, next server was fine again.

This has happened to me on the same server. It's just sad that people do that. :/