Sign in to follow this  
j5dude

I can't deal with this anymore.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

STEAM

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

V.1.7.2.4

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Sixlauncher

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

Okay, so here's my story. I bought Arma 2 to play Day z about 2 weeks ago and my experience has been great except for one thing. FPS!! Honestly, I have a good gaming computer that and can run Skyrim, Crysis, or Starcraft II on the highest graphics with 60+ fps no sweat, and when it comes to this game, I get 10 fps in cities like Cherno with all graphics at the lowest they can be. I've tried all possible tweaks to my .cfg files, changed my settings on my Nvidia control panel, and have lowered my settings to the lowest possible, but can only max out to about 30 fps on a server with good ping, in the wilderness. I get to Cherno or any city and go down to anywhere from 9 - 16 fps. This is getting tiresome, I've tried everything I could to get my fps up but it only boosted my fps by maybe 5. Even a stable 20 fps in towns/cities would be a burden taken off my back. PLEASE HELP!

*Your PC specs:

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz

GeForce GTX 280

4GB System RAM

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit

*Have you looked at these threads?:

http://dayzmod.com/f...d.php?tid=18588

Yes, and multiple times.

Edited by j5dude

i have an I7920 geforce gtx 275 and 3 gigs of ram 1600mhz ddr3 and get over 60 FPS. the game does have fps issues in cherno and populated areas but i still get around 40-60 in cherno. is everything working properly in your pc?

Might want to do an upgrade, your graphics card and CPU are pretty outdated. I would say your CPU more than anything, it only has a Passmark benchmark rating of 3,700, which is pretty low end quad core nowadays. The graphics card isn't as bad, with almost a 2k rating.

The game isn't optimised well at all, it should run on your system but it won't and there really isn't any way to improve it further software wise without the game being optimised (probably would have to be completely rewritten) and nothing major is going to happen with ArmA III right on the horizon. You'll have to upgrade to get more FPS though unfortunately.

Sounds like you've done as much as you possibly can though as far as software is concerned.

I've got high end specifications (much higher than yours) and I still only get around 40 FPS in major towns, depending on the amount of bodies around and stuff. Everywhere else I get between 60 and 80 FPS. It just seems like you need to either completely overpower the game or else luck out on having a configuration that the game agrees with.

Edited by JaTochNietDan

i have an I7920 geforce gtx 275 and 3 gigs of ram 1600mhz ddr3 and get over 60 FPS. the game does have fps issues in cherno and populated areas but i still get around 40-60 in cherno. is everything working properly in your pc?

Did you have to tweak anything?

Might want to do an upgrade, your graphics card and CPU are pretty outdated. I would say your CPU more than anything, it only has a Passmark benchmark rating of 3,700, which is pretty low end quad core nowadays. The graphics card isn't as bad, with almost a 2k rating.

The game isn't optimised well at all, it should run on your system but it won't and there really isn't any way to improve it further software wise without the game being optimised (probably would have to be completely rewritten) and nothing major is going to happen with ArmA III right on the horizon. You'll have to upgrade to get more FPS though unfortunately.

hes not that outdated i have a buddy who gets great fps with a gtx 260 and q6600 and ddr2 ram

hes not that outdated i have a buddy who gets great fps with a gtx 260 and q6600 and ddr2 ram

Yeah I added to my post, you can luck out too by having configurations that just agree with games that are not optimised well sometimes. It's just unpredictable.

Did you have to tweak anything?

no i have some settings on high even and 3d resolution all the way up. if you turn the 3D res down a bit you may get better fps but its a little blurry i played like that for awhile.

no i have some settings on high even and 3d resolution all the way up. if you turn the 3D res down a bit you may get better fps but its a little blurry i played like that for awhile.

Damn. Okay thanks. Still looking for help! :(

I opened my ArmA2.cfg and ArmA2OA.cfg files and changed the "GPU_MaxFramesAhead" and the "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead" to both equal 1. So it looks like this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

This helped my framerate a bit but framerates also depend on the server.

The files are at:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ArmA 2

Hope that helps.