Sign in to follow this  
GeekPlaya

Looking for some DayZ buddies! [CONSISTENTLY CHECKING THREAD]

UPDATE: No longer accepting people. You're all great people, but anything more than what we have and the group will lose control of itself.

Hey guys, how's it going? I've been hopping from thread to thread where users are asking for partners, but they don't seem to be checking their threads at all :-/

Unfortunately, most of my friends are console gamers, so the idea of using a keyboard and mouse is somehow repulsive. Most of them are trying to slide by with 2010 Macbooks as a 'gaming platform'...

I digress...

Any mature people want to group up? I understand that our schedules may not match up all the time, but I am definitely looking for someone who can play at least every other night in case I want to move to another town and not worry about leaving people behind.

I think my limit will be at about 3 accepted people. Anything higher is just chaotic and ends up with people turning on one another or someone sneaking in who we don't know.

REQUISITES:

• Player Name?
  • Steam ID?
  • Skype Username?
  • 15+ years old
  • UK or US (unless you can REALLY speak English fluently)
  • Played for at least 5 in-game hours
  • A face other than the DEFAULT player face (please specify which face you choose for your profile)
  • Willingness to run a bit so you can meetup at a coastal town
  • Sense of humor (don't have to be too funny, but you need to not be strict about everything)
  • Will cover someone's back

Thanks! Also, if you have any extra sort of info that might be helpful (videos, etc.), then I will check them out.

Edited by GeekPlaya

Player Name: JumpThis

Steam Name: JumpThis

Skype Name: ItzJumpThis

US

And I can have someones back.... once I stop dying and finally get a gun.

Sort of reckless still. xD

Player Name: JumpThis

Steam Name: JumpThis

Skype Name: ItzJumpThis

US

And I can have someones back.... once I stop dying and finally get a gun.

Sort of reckless still. xD

Awesome. You seem alright. Let's see if we can get some more submissions.

Player Name: Khemitude

Steam ID: Eyesicle

Skype Name: Khemitude

Currently rolling with a m4a1 cco, m9sd, and a DMR sadly no NVG's yet.

Just like original poster none of my friends really do PC gaming so want to group up with some good guys regularly

Player Name: Khemitude

Steam ID: Eyesicle

Skype Name: Khemitude

Currently rolling with a m4a1 cco, m9sd, and a DMR sadly no NVG's yet.

Just like original poster none of my friends really do PC gaming so want to group up with some good guys regularly

Sounds good. I will have to probably start fresh anyways. I'm out in nowhere, without ammo (double-barrel shotgun) and dying of thirst, hah.

Player name- Thortimer

Steam ID- None (don't really use steam yet)

Skype ID- tenor_guru

I usually play as overwatch/cover/back positions.

I'd love to get together with a group and try to find some nvgs and ghillie suits.

Edited by Thortimer

Sounds good. I will have to probably start fresh anyways. I'm out in nowhere, without ammo (double-barrel shotgun) and dying of thirst, hah.

Well I've got a spare Water bottle that I can give you so you should be set for that I could also lead you to stary where am at currently got a good chance of picking up a good weapon there and I could provide over watch with the DMR.

Well I've got a spare Water bottle that I can give you so you should be set for that I could also lead you to stary where am at currently got a good chance of picking up a good weapon there and I could provide over watch with the DMR.

I'm about halfway to stary, too, with plenty of cooked meat and a lee enfield he could use.

Player name- Thortimer

Steam ID- None (don't really use steam yet)

Skype ID- tenor_guru

I usually play as overwatch/cover/back positions.

I'd love to get together with a group and try to find some nvgs and ghillie suits.

Sounds great! So far it seems the age group is 19-21. I'm about 17, so it's a decent age range.

That would be great :) I'm going to wait for about 2-3 more submissions before I make any final decisions. Don't think I'm ignoring your submission.

My biggest fear is bandits who just want to kill people and not actually team up.

Yeah no problem buddy, understand I would be the same bandits are asses, let me know dude getting bored as hell just Bear Gyrlls style on my own.

Yeah no problem buddy, understand I would be the same bandits are asses, let me know dude getting bored as hell just Bear Gyrlls style on my own.

Amen to that! Considering getting a game for a friend so he can play with us. He's on a Mac Mini (lol). He's also from the UK, so that might be nice.

Me, too. And I have to say, the best experience in this game so far has been when I encountered a friendly and we teamed up to resupply in cherno.

Also, I have some antibiotics and a bloodbag.

Another also, I saw you wanted people without the default face. So you know, mine is one that has camouflage face and arm paint.

Well on the bright side. I found a lee Enfield after sprinting away from a horde of Zambies....

So I could be of some use at this point it seems. ahah

oh and as for the default face, I usually play as Female... because it's funny, wasn't sure if I changed my face that it'd change the girls as well.

Edited by JumpThis

That would be good, It matches up time wise me with you guys anyway since I tend to sleep in the day and am up all evening/night.

As for face its not default will let you know soon as gotta check it out.

EDIT: Larry G with black shades, cause that Chenarussian sun is harsh dawg.

Edited by Khemitude

Amen to that! Considering getting a game for a friend so he can play with us. He's on a Mac Mini (lol). He's also from the UK, so that might be nice.

As a mac user, it was well worth spending an entire day figuring out how to set up bootcamp and installing Windows 8. This game is awesome.

Player Name : F291

Steam ID : F291

Skype Username : di187072

15+ years old : Yes

UK or US (unless you can REALLY speak English fluently) : US

Have some decent gear to spare, tired of being a lone wolf, and would like to be in a group.

Player Name: Patrick

Steam ID: Ambience

Skype Username: patrick.hadtomake1

like the guy above me tired of lone wolfing it... dont have any items since i was lured into a trap and gunned down

Ok, hold on. Thortimer and Khemitude, you both seem good enough. I will PM you both soon. Haven't heard anything from JumpThis :P

Player Name : F291

Steam ID : F291

Skype Username : di187072

15+ years old : Yes

UK or US (unless you can REALLY speak English fluently) : US

Have some decent gear to spare, tired of being a lone wolf, and would like to be in a group.

How old are you, out of curiosity?

• Like 1

Ok, hold on. Thortimer and Khemitude, you both seem good enough. I will PM you both soon. Haven't heard anything from JumpThis :P

Awesome, teaming up is going to be exciting! Any idea where we might want to head first, Chernarus is our oyster?

How old are you, out of curiosity?

Oh, sorry about that. 18.

Steam ID- FortheEnts

Skype ID- r.schimm

Location US

Umm just tired of playing alone. Have some decent gear along with some extra lower value stuff to spare.

Using the old guy with grave hair's face lol with the beard. By decent gear I mean NVG's, found a camo suit (not ghillie the other one) M4A3 CCO, M16A2 203, got a camping tent set up on 2 diff servers and a Hatchback in mint condition on one server. Got a CZ in one tent, also GPS and then various other tools and gear etc etc, end rant.

Edited by FortheEnts

@GeekPlaya

using some old persons face with the reading glasses. :)

And I play the female... so basically a Granny Zambie killer.

• Like 1

Steam ID- dragonforce782

Skype-ID- travis.butcher12

Age- 17, 18 end of August

Location- US

Honestly? Tired of just playing on my own. The game isn't that fun when you have to be constantly checking your back and the only voice you hear is.......well, nothing.