DiscoRobo (DayZ)

Hidden player stashes

Apparently if unattended dropped items will disappear?

Burying and/or hiding items as a player stash needs to be a feature. Maybe it requires a box and a shovel, maybe you can just put a rifle under a pile of leaves.

Perhaps running directly over a poorly buried stash (IE shallow, no shovel and/or no container) will alert you to the presence of it?

To guarantee otherwise lost stuff is found again: if it has been left unattended long enough, the 'alert' radius increases? Like if the player hasn't been there in a week, nearby players get hints.

What if we could disguise it as a bush? But not a big bush, just put some leaves and bush-like-shit on the sides of the tents to hide it more?

YES. Being able to hide backpacks (that don't de-spawn) in remote/hidden locations would be nice, and very useful. Reminds me a lot of Stalker and finding random stashes ostensibly left by other characters.

But no alerts, that's just silly and defeats the purpose. Anything can be found given enough time.

YES. Being able to hide backpacks (that don't de-spawn) in remote/hidden locations would be nice' date=' and very useful. Reminds me a lot of Stalker and finding random stashes ostensibly left by other characters.

But no alerts, that's just silly and defeats the purpose. Anything can be found given enough time.

[/quote']

i agree. in one of my first games i spent 2hours scavaging together backpacks full of kit and squirlling them away underneath bushes. that was before i heard of de-spawning backpacks....

Don´t need to add a special item, just make the backpacks persistent itens like your char.

If you drop your bag, it'll never go away as long as you don´t die.

If you logout and log in other server, the bag dropped location on the map will respawn separeted of you in the same server you entered.

That is an interesting feature.

A small problem of using bags as hiden storage, is that you can´t carry more than one at a time. So i suggest smallers bags (8 and 10 slots) can be put inside a big bag (like the alice, czech or coyote) like they were tucked and rolled down, and only occupy 2 slots or maybe a single one. this way you carry one smaller bag inside your big one, drop it and fill it, and voila.

Also, i've discussed lots of aspects of item storage regarding tents here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6665