Sign in to follow this  
Sakeoe (DayZ)

When you shoot someone

But the last damage he takes is from bleeding (by a wound you inflicted) does it still count as a murder?

I shot a guy just now, received a death message in the chat, was able to loot his body etc but my murder count stayed on zero.

Hmm...then if it isn't the deathblow then it isn't murder in DayZ land? I am curious to know as well.

I think he was a bandit. There's also a bandit count aside from the murder count. Bandits are real life people that kill others and loot their bodies. Bleedouts have always been kills for me, either bandits/murders.

I think he was a bandit. There's also a bandit count aside from the murder count. Bandits are real life people that kill others and loot their bodies. Bleedouts have always been kills for me, either bandits/murders.

Bandit count also stayed on zero.

Just killed another person which didn't count as murder nor bandit, i'm still on the same character. Debug monitor does correctly record zombie deads and headshots.

Someone else or a zombie may have done the majority of the damage to the player.

I've not gotten murders even when I fired the final shot if a friend shot someone up a bit first.