Sign in to follow this  
Tricky-

Axe in pistol slot

So with this new nerf to the guns and since most people have two guns on them at all times I was thinking if you can hold all that and have a 10 slot axe in your toolbelt, why cant you carry the axe in your toolbelt as a pistol instead. Rather than a sidearm you have an axe hanging from your belt as the toolbelt suggests, then you just equip it as a secondary and go to town.

• Like 7

Similar to my 'flashlight' topic, I agree. Possibly even a 'melee' weapon slot to also be switched to with the F button?

probably a little overpowered, but not one of the craziest things i've heard. I wonder if there are any technical limitations to doing this on the arma engine.

I support this.

I often run into an odd situation when I am going through towns. Do I keep my AR out and risk the noise if I run into a zombie or should I switch up to my ax and keep it quiet. I think it is decently realistic that you could wield a rifle and then quickly switch to an ax if necessary.

probably a little overpowered, but not one of the craziest things i've heard. I wonder if there are any technical limitations to doing this on the arma engine.

Well all the hatchet is really is a rifle with a different model and a bullet despawn range of 4 meters or so, I can guarantee the pistol version shouldn't be too taxing on the engine.

Sorry for resurrecting this but I think it's needed.

For the sake of this discussion, I will be calling the current in game "axe" a hatchet.

I don't see how this, or the axe is overpowered. If there were two axes, a full sized axe and a hatchet, I would easily understand keeping a full sized axe as a primary weapon. A full sized axe should probably be a one hit kill. The hatchet's damage is currently fine.

How is this not over powered? Well, if you've ever tried to kill someone with the hatchet in game, then you know it's still a pain in the butt. The hatchet's range is very limited. At the range you have to be to hit someone, the target can "spay and pray" and has a very good chance of killing you first. This is after the fact that you have to close the gap to get to that point. Closing that gap while not being seen and/or heard is not an easy task. The few times I have killed with the hatchet, I actually died before they bled to death.

Beyond the above, I've also heard some say that the hatchet's damage is over powered. I disagree. In real world terms, a hatchet blow to the head would likely be an instant kill. A hatchet blow to the body is likely also a death sentence without IMMEDIATE medical attention. No amount of medical attention will save someone with multiple hatchet blows to the abdomen.

Hatchet sheaths that attach to the belt and/or outer thigh are made. There's no reason that a hatchet couldn't take the place of a pistol, or be on the opposite side of the pistol to be used as an additional weapon.

Oh.... can we make the hatchet throwable as well?

Edited by YouEatLard
  • Like 1

Very usefull idea. After few days of trying diffrent weapons I stick anyway to hatchet. From simple rule, for hell to shoot and agro whole town if you can easy chopp by the zombies on your way with single hatchet hit one by one?

My dream is to have crossbow in big weapon slot, and hatchet in pistol slot. Nothing more I dont need to hapiness. :P

And about flashlight, why we cant just have simple arm flashlights like in army? What dont require holding in hands. Or just simple use duck tape to add flashlight to any weapon you like. So maybe this simple flashlights in markets will be to something usefull. :P

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro
  • Like 1

Yeh its pretty shite as a primary, should be able to just roll your rifle to your back and swing the axe!

• Like 1

eeyup, the only reason i carry makarov is a large amount of ammo, its (relatively) silent, and its a good zombie killer if im carrying an AR/enfield/other good pvp weapon or if i don't have any other gun

I'd prefer it if you could choose where it equips.

Handguns are more common than main weapons.

Edited by Auslovich

I think you should be able to have up to 3 weapons equipped. Just make a maximum of 2 big weapons (Assault rifles, Snipers etc.) or one bigger weapon (50 cal or lmg) and a big weapon. You should be penalized with slower movespeed the heavier weapons you have though. And how come you can store a car tire in a backpack?! If it doesn't fit in real life, it shouldnt fit in the game.

Edited by Tooka