nameloC

My suggestion for bandit "problem"/ griefers

I will try to make this short.

What if the PvP strength of a player directly relates to how long they have been alive?

For example, let's say that every day you're alive, you're PvP damage factor / health is increased by 1 up to a limit of 10.

If you just spawned, your damage factor to another day 1 player is equal. If you were to get in a gun battle, it would be over quickly for one of you.

Now let's say you just spawned and get in to a gun battle with a 10 day survivor. For the day 1 survivor, it would take 10x the bullets (20-30?) to kill the day 10 guy. If the day 10 guy attacked the day 1 guy, it would take the standard amount of bullets(1-2) to kill them.

This would seriously promote the desire to stay alive for a long time and would severely weaken a griefers potential to grief.

Obviously there has the potential for a griefer to powerhouse everyone if they made it to a day 10 survivor, but at that point they are heavily invested in to the game and are obviously playing it for more than just griefing.

It's a very rough idea at the moment but I think you get the idea. The values would need some adjusting but I think the general idea is a good solution to a big 'problem'.

P.S. - This does not relate to zombies at all. A day 1 or day 10 survivor have the same strength towards all zombies.

Thoughts?

Did you know that this is a mod for ArmA?

Hitpoints? Come on man, don't do this to us.

The solution to the problem has been given time and again but here it is again:

When you die, your character is dead, then you get a new character or "respawn anew". You should then take that new character and run into the nearest woods. Repeat until you are safe.

What? So newbs can get mowed down by a NVG M4 wielding guy? With the current system they actually have a chance. All they have to do is get out of the spawn killzone. After that a incredibly stealthy player can kill fully equipped players. Which is the way it should be.

Survival of the fittest.

This idea is absolutely retarded.

This is arma, dont you fucking noobs come in here and CODinize the game. This game is a milsim and the fact is that getting shot once can be deadly if placed well. And please stop these "I saw people working togheter on youtubz and now that I bought the game everybody is powning meeee, lets make this a no-pvp game yeah!" threads

Now let's say you just spawned and get in to a gun battle with a 10 day survivor. For the day 1 survivor, it would take 10x the bullets (20-30?) to kill the day 10 guy. If the day 10 guy attacked the day 1 guy, it would take the standard amount of bullets(1-2) to kill them.

Do you actually believe in your own bullshit?

This is arma' date=' dont you fucking noobs come in here and CODinize the game. This game is a milsim and the fact is that getting shot once can be deadly if placed well. And please stop these "I saw people working togheter on youtubz and now that I bought the game everybody is powning meeee, lets make this a no-pvp game yeah!" threads

[/quote']

what he is suggesting has nothing to do with COD, more of a mmorpg thing where the more u play the stronger u are

but yea... this is a terrible idea

Simple solution:

Decrease "shot" damage.

Increase "bleed" damage.

Ideally, the amount of time it takes to bandage should depend on how badly you are bleeding.

I believe the end result will be more "mutual kills". Bandits will be far less likely to engage in a straight up face to face firefight because of the likelihood that they will die as well.

Basically it's far too easy to get shot in this game and live. If we want "realistic" then you really don't want to get shot. At all. Anywhere. If the bullet doesn't kill you and the bleeding doesn't kill you, the infection might.

What? So newbs can get mowed down by a NVG M4 wielding guy? With the current system they actually have a chance. All they have to do is get out of the spawn killzone. After that a incredibly stealthy player can kill fully equipped players. Which is the way it should be.

Survival of the fittest.

This idea is absolutely retarded.

Completely agree. This game is about realism. By surviving longer you have better gear thats your reward for surviving longer an by a chance you are careless an are killed by someone who hasn't survived as long as you thats your own fault.

Though back to your original idea, I could see maybe finding a bullet proof vest at a military base that would take maybe half the damage of bullets to the chest off or something like that or a ballistic helmet would also be good realistic, an rewarding ideas for those that survive longer an exploring more difficult location.

That being said the system is fine the way it is.

For example' date=' let's say that every day you're alive, you're PvP damage factor / health is increased by 1 up to a limit of 10.

[/quote']

Wow, this is such a bad idea on so many levels.. I like the idea, but it's a bad one. Just face it, there is no chance of anything changing with PvP.

Today I learned: The ARMA community which despises "COD noobs" is just as childish, if not more so, than those they hate.

A simple, "No, this is not a good idea." would have sufficed. All of the bashing was completely uncalled for.

Get off of your high horses people :rolleyes:

A: This mechanic does not exist in ArmA

B: It does exist in several other games, I suggest you write those Devs and tell them to make a game that doesn't suck.

Today I learned: The ARMA community which despises "COD noobs" is just as childish' date=' if not more so, than those they hate.

A simple, "No, this is not a good idea." would have sufficed. All of the bashing was completely uncalled for.

[/quote']

This. Saying that someones idea is childish and making childish insults is counterproductive and serves to make the community look bad.

Today I learned: The ARMA community which despises "COD noobs" is just as childish' date=' if not more so, than those they hate.

[/quote']

I agree.

My comment was mainly just trying to be funny...lighten the mood of the thread up a little bit.

There is already an incentive to stay alive. The longer you stay alive the better the gear you get. Why give day 10 players an advantage over a day 1 player? If they have been playing for ten days they should be armed to the teeth anyway. Why widen the gulf? I thorougly enjoy the fact that if you outsmart someone then you can kill them. Is it realistic to plug 30 bullets into a guy and he doesnt die??? I got into a 2v2 firefight earlier today. My winchester and my buddies AK versus two AK's. On paper we should lose, but I was the only one of the four to use cover, and fire all my shots whilst leaning out from behind a tree. End result? We win.

Why? Because I engaged my brain. Not because I was alive for 10 days.

I usually give most ideas/thoughts/suggestions a lil consideration but this is really stupid... really? Do you want to play a MMORPG? You think that would solve your problems of dieing? no... A gun is a gun is a gun... a hit in the head is a hit in the head just because you ran off and hid in the woods and lived for 10days should not give you any sort of advantage or health over someone who just logged in...