phate

Require help with installation of ARMA2: OA and CO - startup error(s)

First of all, hello everyone, hopefully I'll get the chance to play/test out this mod soon enough. First things first, though - I need to get ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations running correctly without any mods, and I'm unable to do that right now.

My issue is this:

I am running the Steam version of the game; I purchased the Combined Operations pack from Steam which contains ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, with the ability to combine them into Combined Operations.

I installed both ARMA 2 and OA and, following the instructions of Magnet, started by running ARMA 2. This worked fine; I got to the main menu and called it 'done', exiting the program.

I then attempted to launch ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, and this is where things went pear-shaped. During the startup, I received two errors, in this order:

1: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'

(Hit 'okay', and the startup continues... finally running into this...)

2: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

I'm wondering if any members have run into this issue during their installation-and-startup process and if there is any fix for it? I am currently re-downloading Operation Arrowhead from Steam now and it should not take more than an hour from now to finish, so please don't hesitate to respond.

Thanks!

Since you have it on steam, try and go and verify game files and or cache then try to run it. The game may of not downloaded all the files correctly

Thanks for replying so quickly, Petey. I actually tried that before uninstalling OA and re-downloading it; I ran a cache-integrity check (or whatever it calls it, I'm unsure) for Operation Arrowhead and according to steam, it reported one missing file, which was rectified. I ran it again and the same two errors in the exact same fashion appeared and stopped it from launching.

Strange, I installed both the other day from steam just ran them first both and they ran fine with no problems.

let us know if the reinstal works

Reporting back after re-downloading. Re-download and re-installation changed nothing; I still cop the same errors in exactly the same way. I'm going to need some help, here, if any techsperts have a minute or two.

It seems this has been a whole lot of drama for a whole lot of naught - the problem was easily fixed by a restart of Steam. I really make myself look stupid sometimes.

Thanks for the help, though - maybe this should be stickied in the TS board so that other newbies won't have to put up with this problem and most likely spend a few hours re-installing? Just a suggestion. Now, let's hope that installing and launching the mod is less complicated.

Hi guys,

I am having the exact same two errors as Phate. But I have followed all the instructions such as restarting Steam and setting to run as Admin and restarting PC, restarting steam...everything and I still get those two errors when trying to run Operation Arrowhead.

Any other suggestions would be really appreciated as I would like to play this mod.

I was having the same problem with those two errors trying to run ARMA2:OA. Running the "verify game cache" on it and on ARMA2 would always indicate it found and fixed 1 broken file every time I ran it.

As suggested above, simply shutting down Steam and re-opening it fixed the problem for me. Now it starts up without any errors. Thanks. :)