Sign in to follow this  
Scratchz

The silent but strongest weapon?

DO NOT USE A BIZON.

I repeat,

DO NOT USE A BIZON.

They are terrible, terrible weapons, take many many shots to kill zombies and players, and are very inaccurate.

The ammo is rare for them as well, and they are just generally a terrible weapon. I say terrible a lot because I mistakenly used this gun for a longer period of time than I ever should have.

The M4A1 CCO SD is the best suppressed weapon in the game. It is fairly audible to players who are close by, but not like an unsilenced weapon.

Your bet for a sidearm is the M9 SD, as it's the only silenced side arm.

If you plan to use any silenced weapons outside of the M4A1 CCO SD and M9 SD, you're in for a pain. The MP5SD6 is utterly silent, but it borders the Bizon in uselessness.

The M4A1 CCO SD can kill with a few well placed shots, it does not take "6-8 shots" to kill like a previous poster stated. The Bizon and MP5SD6 however, do.

Again,

Beware the Bizon. It is a -terrible, terrible- weapon.

I would honestly take a Crossbow over the Bizon.

Crossbows is boss, reusable ammunition and the only real silent weapon. Isn't for the fact you don't have a quiver to hold your arrows and that the bolts disappear on zombies sometimes makes it seem useless.

Edited by Verril1

The hatchet is the quietest and strongest. Usually one hit.

Second is the M4SD with CCO. Good optics make for easier head shots than Bizon. Mags are easier to find and the muzzle flash is less. 1 to head 2 to body after last patch.

Bizon is next. 3 or 4 to body (not sure after last patch), 1 to head. It lights up the night especially if you use NVG. Not a good weapon to use at night because of the muzzle flash. It not only reveals position but can blind you if you go full auto.

M9sd--best handgun right now IMHO. Secondary weapon, 1 to head, 3 to body--same as bizon. Mags easy to find, and can use a more powerful primary weapon if you want to go loud.

Good link:

http://dayzdb.com/da...apon-comparison

The audible range is NOT how far other players can hear you shoot--its how far you'll draw aggro from zombies. This is why you can hear someone firing a .50 from well over 800m away, but they only draw zed from the (comparatively smaller) 450m radius.

As to how quiet any weapon is, I've had buddies tell me when i used the silenced mp5 that they could hear me from 100m. Everything I've heard on audible range for players has quite literally been heresay, haven't seen any actual stats on the matter.

For what its worth, the m4 SD is leaps and bounds better than the mp5, if only because it has a proper holo sight. Both the bizon and the mp5 are crippled by poor sighting. FUN FACT: In 3rd person, the m4 SD will fire lower and to the right of your crosshair. If you see your crosshair and then aim down the sight, you'll notice this as well (as you immediately sight the weapon lower and to the right).

EDIT: I say sighting is crippling because HS are the order of the day for these weapons. If you're attempting centermass, cool, but you'll burn through ammo with zeds alone (and they only have ~4k blood, so imagine how much you'll need for a human).

Edited by Udak